Extended Grenades & Throwable Items (EGTI) [BETA]
This is a small experiment to boost the gameplay experience with such items. It affects all the throwable items like grenades, smoke, ... I was not going to release this since BIS is supposedly changing the grenade system, for the next millenium , but later I thought it could be interesting.
The final addon does not have the force indicator shown in the video.
- Progressive throw force with realistic delays.
- Force and status indicator (by default deactivated, check the config file).
- Ability to cook (not potatos).
- Ability to cancel the throw.
- Real physic properties for each item. Mass, drag forces, ... Smoke shells are heavier than grenades, chemlights are very light but be aware as they are more affected by drag forces and wind.
- Increased the max. elevation from the default 60º up to 85º. Full 90º was very dangerous because without references it is almost impossible to aim.
- Environment simulation & non linear response curves. In prone position don't expect to put a grenade 30 meters away or if you are aiming upwards don't expect to reach the stars.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
To throw: Press "G" and hold the time needed. You can hold the time you need because the throw will be effective once the key is released. It takes about 2 seconds to reach the maximum force.
To cook: Press "G" and hold, without releasing the key, when you think the force is the needed click once the middle mouse button to start cooking, the force is now memorized and time passes, keep holding the key and release it when you want.
To cancel: Only works if it is not cooked. Press "G" and hold, click once the secondary mouse button and release the key.
- No animation yet.
- No stance deviation yet.
- Fixed. Solved the font error popup.
- Fixed: The height above elevated structures was not calculated properly.
- Fixed: Aiming below the horizon line no longer causes the trajectory is lower than expected.
- Fixed: Cooked an cancelled states were broken while fixing things for v0.51.
- Added: User config system.
- Added: Setting in user config to change the throw key.
- Added: Setting in user config to show the force info on screen.
- Added: Indicators for cooked and cancelled states.
- Fixed: Now when cancelled the magazine is not lost.
- Fixed: Under certain conditions the item dissapeared.
- first public release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3