Date: 2013-09-18 07:49
Downloads / Operation Arrowhead / Scenario / Co-op missions / [RWO] La Légion saute sur Kolwezi Co-40 (@)
In May 1978, an uprising took place in Katanga against dictator Mobutu. On 11 May, a 3,000 to 4,000 man strong Katangan rebel group arrived, accompanied by the 2nd Cuban Division; departing from Angola, it had crossed neutral Zambia. Upon arriving, they took about 3,000 Europeans as hostages and carried out various executions, particularly after the intervention of Zairian paratroopers on 18. A Panhard AML 60 group of the Zairian Army rallied the rebels.
Between 90 to 280 Europeans were killed. Dictator Mobutu requested foreign assistance from Belgium, France and the USA.
May 17, Colonel Philippe Erulin, commander of the 2nd REP (Foreign Parachute Regiment) was ordered to prepare. The second REP joined Solenzara Air Base on May 18. The mission entrusted by the President of the Republic is to jump on Kolwezi to rescue hundreds of hostages of all nationalities. May 19, after four hours flight from Kinshasa, the legionnaires are dropped on Kolwezi...
- Voice acting
- High-Command system
- Based on true story
- Intro available for SP only
- Require team spirit
- If an objective is not activated, it is that there are still enemies in the area
- English and French translations
- Weapons selection in the briefing
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder for multiplayer/coop.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder for singleplayer.
This mission, based on true story, has the ability to be playable in Solo or in COOP over 40 players, without affecting the progress of the mission. However, here is some useful information.
In Solo : You play as Colonel Philippe Erulin, Force Commander of the 2nd REP. Only the Colonel is playable, and you lead the different companies towards the assigned objectives thank to the High-Command module, by the keys "Ctrl+Space". Companies leaders are invincible and follow your orders.
In Multiplayer : All the legionnaires are playable, but the Colonel Philippe Erulin, and the team leaders must be humans. If one of the leader is AI, it will be invincible. Team leaders must follow orders coming from the Colonel Erulin, under penalty of mission failure. If one of the humans officers is killed, the mission will be a failure.
- New : African faces for OPFOR
- New : Notes about Support
- New : Notes about High Command system
- Fixed : bug at the end of the intro
- Fixed : soldiers have now classical FAMAS F1 without optic
- Changed : AI behaviour
- New : RWO Standard
- Fixed : AI skill
- Fixed : Problem with markers
- Fixed : AI Units spawning in locked building
- Initial release
Credits & thanks:
- 2nd REP Legionnaires for the blood and the sweat they gave to save people !
- IceBreakr for his wonderful map.
- Kronzky for his Urban Patrol Script.
- Arto from Indochine mod for giving his voice.
- clark17 and his father for giving their voices.
- Kommiekat for his african faces script.
- BI Forums
- CFr-ArmA Forum
- Arma 2 OA
- Lingor Island
- Lingor Units
- Operation Frenchpoint (OFrP)
- Community Base Addons