This is a really simple mod that adds a few needed commands for otherwise either buggy or incomplete behavior for friendly AI units in group. I can't live without those commands, but I am not sure of how useful the mod will be for most of you. I was hesitant of sharing this, but decided to do it anyway. I am keeping this mod as a platform to add other AI commands. So if you do have any ideas you want to add to the mod, please do share it with me here.
Adds explosives list of all the explosives in the selected units. Point where you want them to be planted and the unit will place it there. You will get the set off if there is on in your action menu.
Safe mode heal. This heal command will allow the selected units to heal themselves up. If there is a medic, the medic will go around and heal everyone. If there are no medics, the units will share their extra First aid with others if they have it.
Combat mode heal. For this command, units will try to heal themselves up using first aid first. If there is a medic and the unit is not too far away, he will pop smoke if the unit's health is too low and will attempt to heal him. Units will attempt to share their first aid only if the distance is not too far off.
A rearm command that actually works. Point at the object you want them to rearm at and select that command.
Opens inventory for units to whatever object you point at. Allows inventory to be opened between units. If you are looking at the unit itself, it will open the inventory where it stands. Same if no appropriate object is in your cursor
Adds control on engine on and off for all AI controlled vehicles in your group
Adds control on weapon accessories for AI like lights on/off supressor on/off and IRLaser on/off
Unstuck command for any units or vehicles the AI is in. If no units are selected, it unstucks the player.
Landing AI piloted heli on designated position. The AI pilot will fly to the designated area and land there. position is selected on the map.
Clearing buildings of threats. AI will attempt to clear the whole building then come out.
Add multiple waypoints for units to go to in order
Control in flight height for Aircrafts
Order AI to fly around an area. Choose the radius and the position.
A very featured waypoint system for units
Ability to eject from helicopters and use the parachute automatically
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Simply select the units you want to give the commands for, and press numpad 9 key. You can change the keybind from the config file.
The new waypoint is obviously new so there might be bugs. Please report them to me. The new menu accessed by B button, will have commands to edit existing waypoints. You can access them before even activating the waypoint. I hope that it is intuitive enough. Have fun and do tell me what do you think because I have put a lot of work into this update.
Do make sure to copy the userconfig folder to Arma 3 again because of the added parameter for the second menu.
Bonus GlovePIE script:
This is a script I modified based on a script by Suchy. If you do not know what glovePIE is, it's basically a free application that maps controls to anything. This script will allow for voice activated commands to control the AI squad. It has commands for WW AIMenu as well. I thought to share it with you.
How to use GLovePIE:
Simply load the script in GlovePIE and press run. Make sure glovePIE is running as admin. Say "Activate voice commands" to activate it. After that use the push to talk button to command squads. The keybind for the push to talk is by default mouse button 4. You can change it in the script to whatever you like. Also command "Enable hands free" will disable push to talk for 45 minutes.
Download the GlovePIE script
Forced move at full speed
Control AI vehicle when not in commander position
Rearm command to pick up weapons if out of ammo completely or no weapon already in hand
- Fixed a bug with Land helicopter command, now it properly cancels when returning to formation or ordered to move away. - - Works only if farther away than 120m from the landing zone. Thats the only workaround I could find.
- Added a marker on the map where the heli is ordered to land
- Units will now move in formation when using Set Waypoint (That wasnt simple!!!!)
- You can now cancel clearing building using return to formation
- You can now select waypoints much more precisely even if close to each others.
*known issue* units will loop trying to clear barracks buildings. I will look into it.
- added a 1m flight profile for helis
- Increased the maximum number of waypoint groups possible to 12
- Added the submenu Waypoints to the main menu that includes everything WP
- removed keybinding to the waypoint menu now that it is in the main menu
- For Add WP, you no longer need to select a wp first before being able to add IF there is only one set of waypoints on the map. If there are more, u still have to select any WP from the group you want to start adding to it.
- a few hint bugfixes for the waypoint commands
- Overhauled waypoint command
- Added another menu with a number of setwaypoint commands. Default keybind is B.
- Waypoints now work with vehicles
- Can have multiple waypoint sets for different units
- added add another wp after the waypoint activated (from the new menu)
- Added a delete wp command
- Added a remove WP command
- Added wait on WP command
- Added cycle WP command
- Added disembark non-essential personel from vehicles command
- Added Eject from vehicles command. Works on pilots even and if the vehicle is an aircrat, units will parachute out AND keep their backpack strapped to their stomach till they land-.
- Added player eject command that will eject player and all selected units. Will also use parachute if available.
- Tweaked helicopter height command to include low profile flying.
- Added an attitude submenu to infantry commands that includes role-playing commands
- added stow weapon command. Thanks TPW.
- Added toggle night vision and goggles command. Thanks TPW.
- Added a sitdown command.
- Added careless mode command.
- Various bugfixes regarding clicking on the map
- Fixed bug that made the mod overwrites any other mod using keybinds.
- Added command to fly around an area with a set radius. Works on helis and jets. Cancel command by ordering back to formation.
- Added command to control flight height. Works on jets and helos.
- Added fire on my lead command. It will put the squad on hold fire until you fire.
- all infantry commands are in the infantry section. Forgot that from previous changelog.
- Land helicopter command now is very precise
- Fixed set waypoints errors. Now use regroup command to cancel the waypoints.
- Bug fixes
- Add multiple waypoints for units on the map. they will go through in order
- few changes to the menu layout
- Added the ability to clear building from threat. Point at the building and have the AI clear it for you.
- Added command for AI heli pilot to fly and land at designated area on the map.
- Added the ability to change keybind in the user config file
- Added ability to control primary weapon Lights on/off (Thanks TPW for the script)
- Added ability to control suppressors on/off for AI
- Added ability to control IR Laser ON/Off for AI
- Added the ability to control Engine on/off for vehicles in your group
- Added ability to open inventory for units. The unit will move to the object you are pointing at and will open the inventory there with it. If you look at the unit itself, it will open the inventory where it stands.
- Added unstuck player if no units are selected for the unstuck command
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3