Hello everyone, so to celebrate ARMA 3's release here's the first version of my British Infantry Addon.
-MTP Uniforms representing modern British Infantry
-17 different infantry roles, including Squad leader, AT rifleman and UAV operator.
-4 Variants of Mk4 Osprey Body Armour.
-3 Variants of the Mk7 Helmet
-4 variants of PCS style UBACS and trousers.
-HMNVS for night operations.
-7 Rucksack variants for different roles.
-UK Armed Forces faction with Union Jack icon.
-Fully functioning wound textures.
-Working icons for each item on the inventory screen.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
If you already downloaded version 1.2 and do not want to download the whole file again you can just download the config from here: British Infantry Updated config v1.3
-No optimization done! So no extra view LODs meaning performance might suffer with a lot of infantry on screen.
-Some weighting issues, especially with the pelvic protection aound the groin area.
-Shadow inconsistencies, some clipping with the main model here and there.
-A few placeholder textures (specifically the NOHQ's for the scrim and HMNVS).
-Possibly more stuff, haven't had much time to test.
There's still a number of issues with the addon as I haven't had much time to work on it. I've done my best to make sure that everything that is include functions as well as possible (and is as complete as possible). Main issue is that there are no extra view LODs so performance may suffer slightly for the time being. There's a couple smaller things like no clan tags or the grenadier not having a grenade launcher (as I'm using Kiory's SA80s). I will also add that I haven't tested since last night so the release update may have messed with things!
Hopefully when I get more time I'll work firstly on sorting out a few of the issues with what I've already made before moving on to adding extra content.
Credits & Thanks:
-3 Commando Brigade for the additional configuration work
-Thanks to Sabre for his MTP pattern and work on the PCS uniform texture.
-Da12thMonkey and Tupolov for backpack assets.
-Fox '09 for a pouch used on the models (released under the WTFPL)
-Johannes for using bits and bobs from his Army SF samples.
-Euan Mitchell, "tigg", for the E-mag.
-RKSL Rock and others from his forums who helped me with info throughout the process.
-BIS for the tools and great examples.
- added armour values for Mk7 helmets and Osprey vests
- added weights for Mk7 helmets and Osprey vests
- slightly increased the carrying capacity of the @stkr_bi Osprey vest
- adjusted the weight and carrying capacities of the @stkr_bi backpacks
(based on... Predator: 45l/2.4kg; ECM/Comms: 40l/2.2kg; Motherlode: 36l/2.0kg)
- corrected how backpacks work in the Virtual Arsenal (now only empty backpacks are shown)
- Reworked config to use weapons from the Community Upgrade Project: By 3 Commando Brigade - www.3commandobrigade.com (View the 3CB readme for more feature info)
- Adds L129A1 DMR with improved sounds
- replaces Kiory L85 with Trixies British Weapons (L85, L86, L110, L129, L7A2)
- adds appropriate scopes to rifles and fixes bug with L7A2 (GPMG)
- creates additional infantry classes
- adds placeable Editor Groups to match British Army / Royal Marines Sections
- adds Zeus compatibility
- adds @Alive compatibility
- Updated config so armour values and passthrough matched BIS defaults for helmets and body armour.
- Makes use of Kiory's new SA80s (specifically the SUSAT and Standard Iron Sight variants)
- Have changed the classnames for backpacks
- Have replaced ALL "Brit_" prefixes with "STKR_", annoyed that slipped through into the first release.
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack
- ASDG Joint Rails