has posted 2 links to new Arma 2 previews which have been released after the BIS presentation at Digitex
in the BIS forums
The first can be found at Saigo's & Binariz3 blog
and the second at dobryweblog.cz
Both reviews are in Czech language but [CAVE]guerilla
has tried to translate as much as he could and posted it in the topic as well.
Quote [CAVE]guerilla :
- you can comand around 100 AI and send them to 1 target
- better shader for dynamik lightning (Shader 3.0)
- dynamic shadows, really real light
- shooting with every weapon out of vehicles (not sure here)
- better swimming, twice as much soldier movements (not sure)
- 1 linear (i guess they mean straight)
Then something about importing the 3D VBS Editor and demolitation of houses with and without interior, they got 1 house working so far.
- 1 free (RPG?)
- 1 total free (take a side and go to war)
- 1 Multyplayer campaign (a dream comes true here)
About 10 GB files (several DVD disks) for ARMA 2
Converting for XBOX360 with autoaim till 12/2008.
No dynamik destruction model like wished but something similar like shot a hole in a house and enter it, also possible for AI's. AI is gonna hide behind walls, pillows, trashcans, autos with surpressing fire and granates while flanking you somehow.
- the grass is fat and low for better view, just better
- fog looks more real
- shadows, i did't understand that, so far the same as ARMA 1
- better smoke fx
- better forest texture with fog on the ground etc.
- beautiful object reflection if "ODLESKY" means reflection, dunno
- Viewdistance stays the same as ARMA 1 as there isn't even a cpu to handle this.
and more which i could'nt understand
Additionally 4 videos have been submitted to Youtube
showing more of Arma 2.
You can view all 4 videos by clicking "Read more".
You can discuss Arma 2 in our forums