Date: 2014-12-14 09:57
This graphic based modification for existing ArmA 3 assets delivers a contemporary look to a full fleet of hand picked vehicles along with specialized and personalized uniforms and equipment pieces. The Tac-Ops addon aims to provide ArmA 3 owners the attention to detail that often gets overlooked when designers are forced to focus on the bigger picture.
We hope you enjoy exploring and discovering the many subtle and dramatic design choices. From sweeping graphic decals that flank the majestic transport helicopters to the fine embroidery located on the strapping of an engineers backpack.
If you want to enhance your already amazing ArmA 3 experience, take the time out to download and install our modification.
No less than 77 modified ArmA 3 vehicles and items including backpacks, helmets, vests and much, much more. Most assets are provided adorned in our custom 'Frost Green' comouflage that closely matches the varied and dynamic geography / lighting / weather conditions of the depicted mediteranean region.
New Camo Types:
We now run with two new camo types to fit all the available scenarios. Introducing the new sand based Desert camo called, Silica and our brand new snow based camo known as Chill. We are sure you will love them.
Support repair vehicle: Use our 'Rhino' dozer tank to repair damaged and otherwise unusable assets.
Support refuel vehicle: The 'Regurgitaor" tanker can keep your fleet fueled and ready to roll.
Our chopper fleet has two new additions is the way of medevac support for both the frost and chill camo variations.
Full Screen Night Vision:
Use our custom full-screen NV goggles and illiminate that unrealistic 'oval' overlay. We have also added a adjustable grain effect to provide a real-world model of actual field optics.
A Fleet Showcase PBO file has been included so that you may easily view all the vehicles (Air - Sea - Land) of this mod via the ArmA 3 built in editor.
Simply place the PBO file one_point_two_showcase.Altis.pbo in your MP MISSIONS folder' inside you Amra 3 root directory.
Featuring over 200 modified ArmA 3 vehicles and items including backpacks, helmets, vests and much much more. Assets are provided adorned in our custom 'Frost Green / Silica Desert / Chill Winter / Carbon Black camouflage that closely matches the varied and dynamic geography of many ArmA series terrains, lighting and weather conditions.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Classnames can be found in the included text files.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Want a mod with real attitude, made by a team of real gaming enthusiasts? Look no further.
Credits & Thanks:
All the folks at Armaholic.com for all the support you constantly provide to themodding community.
Those who care at BI forums
Reaper for the use of his dedicated server and guidance through the darkest times of config woes.
Pierovich for the use of his dedicated teamspeak channel and server.
And all of the TAC-OPS Team for encouraging me to keep going and never say die.
- fixed issue with the SHOWCASE mission
- re-textured MK20 (Carbon Fibre)
- re-textured MXM (Carbon Fibre)
- re-textured Titan Compact (Carbon Fibre) [jlai]
- re-textured NVG's (Carbon Fibre) - added to desert_coverall_1 config
- fixed code error in dersert nvg's (coverall_2) [frost]
- re-textured Jet Pilot's helmet -Australia-
- re-textured light infantry helmet - carbon
- re-textured light infantry helmet - carbon - Transformer
- re-textured tactical vest - frost camo
- re-textured tactical vest - silica tan
- re-textured tactical vest - carbon fibre
- changed all infantry from binoculars to rangefinders
- altered gen2 loadout to include carbon titan
- added HAFM atifacted full screen NVG's. Credit HAFM
- created new 'chill' camo for snow units
- added re-textured lionheart 'snowlion"
- added re-textured littlebird snowdragon / snowbird
- added re-textured snow griffin 04
- added re-textured snow griffin medevac 05
- added re-textured show pony (littlebird) scarlet red - unarmed
- altered hog naming convention to alphabetise
- fixed issue with showpony tail decal not displaying correctly
- added dragonfly decal to nose of dragon little bird
- alterd display name for dragon little bird
- added re-textured mohawk - marine one
- reworked all configs not showing icons in inventory slots
- finished final tweaks to icon configuration. Caps now show in both VAS & Inv slots
- added re-skined bandana chill (frost camo)
- added re-skined bandana tac (black - team flag)
- tacops Rhino converted to Support vehicle - repair (radius 6.8 mtrs)
- update classnames list for all entities
- tac-ops rhino now appears correctly under 'support' in editor
- added re-skined Regurgitator - Support Refueler (frost camo)
- forced tacops_truck_refueler_D to blufor for editor usage
- testing custom soldier (1-5 + Coveralls) loadouts for mission editing usage
- all tacops units (1-7 + Coveralls1,2+3) carry: Map, GPS, Watch, Radio, Compass, Firstaidkit etc.
- changed unit names to reflect class
- added medikit and toolkit for medic and engineer packs
- provides unit classes with specific icons - shows ingame and editor
- unit types appear correctly in 'team switch' interface "u"
- added new co-pilot (ranger) class
- added re-skined co-pilot helmet (ranger) -open face- (frost camo)
- added re-skined mecenary class
- forced all non-blufor vehicles to blufor
- added re-skined bandana dan (rising sun)
- added re-skined sniper / recon (AKA) class
- fixed unit class issues for all spawns being medic
- added re-skined rescue boat (inflatable)
- converted tacops_truck1 to prime mover
- added re-skined Jet Pilot (USA)
- air vehicles (all) have tac-ops crew (pilot)
- fixed texture duplication for Raven One
- added re-skinned Little Bird Pegasus (unarmed) (frost camo)
- added re-skinned Little Bird Darkhorse (armed) (frost camo)
- testing functionality of door (mohawk ramp) script - interior remains inaccessable
- revamped (test) lionheart config to attempt to force faction [side=1]
- fixed issue with tacops_NVGoggles not appearing full-screen. BRF_NVG no longer required.
- added re-skinned helmet (plain) Grunt_1
- added re-skinned helmet (light) Grunt_2
- added re-skinned helmet (plain) Grunt_3 [pierovich]
- altered Little Bird Dragon co.paa (armed) (frost camo)
- fixed issue in multiple configs - throw / put
- added re-skinned SDV Mini-Sub (frost camo)
- fixed file issue with vest_gen_grey- paa
- added re-skinned General Vest - Now visible in game
- added re-skinned Helmet Light (AT-Soldier-1)
- changed classname for generalvestgrey
- tested 'backpack" syntax for uni_gen4 (success)
- added re-skinned Helmet Light (AT-Soldier-2)
- unified uniform code and replaced solier 1 script
- fixed tone issues with drg2 carryall
- replaced rear decals on lionheart and raging bull
- replaced some decals on AT1 Helmet
- dressed (!) soldiers for all renks (5)
- soldiers now wear tacops equipment
- fixed issues with all uniforms not showing in VAS
- fixed issue with uniform 4 not linking to correct vest name - Vest2_tacops_D
- replaced rear "rhino" decal [door]
- adjusted decals (shirt) for soldier 5
- tweaked decal placment on urban and medical light class helmets
- re-re-skinned crew helmet
- added trial helmet - net camo [plain ?!]
- replaced original carryall pack texture [frost solid]
- added re-skinned UGV RCWS - armed
- placed decals on all striders [canine]
- tidied up various "display" names for vehicles
- added re-skinned Heli pilot [space] USA flag
- fixed (removed) issue with AT2 helmet orange decal
- added load screen resources to dropbox
- consolidated striders into 1 pbo file
- added re-skinned 'Raven' fighter Jet (frost camo)
- consolidated ravens (1&2) into 1 config
- fixed issue with ghosthawk display name
- added re-skinned scorcher (trex)
- added re-skinned slammer (mammoth)
- added re-skinned cheetah (grizzly)
- added re-skinned sandstorm (wasp) ("The Sting")
- added re-skinned NVG Goggles
- general code tidyup
- released mod
- BI forums (new)
- BI forums (old)