AISS2 is an AI enhancement. With AISS the AI will respond to incoming fire from other units. They will drop to the deck and start searching for the enemy shooting at them. They will also drop if friendly fire is to close. AI will also call for support from other units, artillery, CAS, infantry, tanks, and/or Mechanized units. Reaction and reaction times are based on each units skills. If low skill they will react slowly and poorly.
AISS gives the AI the combined arms Arma 3 left out for AI.
AI will respond and react when fired upon.
AI will hit the deck when bullets fly by. Skill and moral play a critical role (BIS scripts and fsm's do play a part as well).
AI will seek cover.
AI will suppress.
AI will try to flank.
AI will use Artillery.
AI will call for back up from other AI units: infantry squads, Mechinized squads, Armor, and Airsupport if there is any around.
AI enemies will act more like there human counterparts!
Do not run with AISS1. Delete original AISS1, then install AISS2!
Delete any previous AISS2 versions.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Like AISS AISS2 is mostly autmatic.
Waypoints play a role.
Right now the important ones are Hold,Support, and Cycled.
If a group has a current waypoint at hold. AISS2 will ignor them as far as a support call. But they will still call others to support them.
The support way point will ignor Garrison and patrol commands by AISS but they will be in the pool to be called in for support.
If a unit has a cycled waypoint and its the current way point it will be treated like a hold waypoint.
All other waypoints at the moment are remembered but do not affect AISS command and control.
Infantry will now Garrison a building if one is close by, or go on a patrol. If they are Garrisoning a house they will not be in the pool for
support. That being said Garrisoning units will not Garrison forever, but every so often change buildings. Also They will not stay in a building
if engaged by an enemy and they do not have a good firing lane. They will leave there post to find a better firing position. There is more that
needs to be done with this, but its a bit beyond my knowledge at the moment.
Patroling groups willl be in a supporting pool, but once they have finished there support call they will resume there patrol, or Garrison if AISS dictates this.
Basically same as before they will mount if enemy is far off and dismount with in 300 meters of known enemies. They do not search houses at the moment. This may be added later updates as well as adding a user config for you to dictate ranges of mounting.
Armor, and CAS:
If they are called in for support. They will try and find position supiriority on the enemy, and engage.
Radio calls for support by AI:
If a group deams Enemy strength to be greater than there own they will call for support. Much can be improved on this in future updates.
Artiller is done basically the same way. There are user configs that you can adjust to you tastes.
AI_respawn is currently not in AISS2.
This will work on Single player and Multiplayer stuff. As it stands right now some fucntions will not work on a dedicated server.
More instructions and a video may be added later to help you understand more about AISS2 when time permits.
This will work on Single player and Multiplayer stuff. As it stands right now some fucntions will not work on a dedicated server.
Convert AI SQF's to FSM's for stability and performance.
Add User config for how strong an enemy is before AI will call for support.
Add more features for AI and immersion.
Set it up where you can combine certain modules. IE Garrison and support So a group that goes into Garrison will leave its Garrison and go support another units if its called.
Credits & Thanks:
AIM team: Mikey74, CosmiC10R, Sttosin, and froggyluv.
N_Icomach, flyinpenguin and the 72nd ODA for proper coding etiquette, and all there help!
Das Attorney for his valuable tips about coding, and he wrote the window/door part of my Garrison script.
And for all the expert coders that have advised me and showed me bits and pieces of how to code. This mod by far is not perfect, but is an ok mod for an amateur. lol
Thanks for the tips and advice.
I also have the script in the addons folder its in another AISS folder it has all you would need to make it your own addon if you so decide to change some stuff. Feel free to do with as you please. But share as I'm still learning and if I like the changes and you are ok with it. I'll incorporate it in.
final fix 2
Adds easier to find userconfig in @aiss folder. please move Userconfig folder to main A3 directory
stops some of the units from getting stuck as much. remember if there moral is very low they will get stuck especially if they have low skill set.
fixed support bug where units didnt return to original wp's
few other minor tweaks untested as of yet except by me. Sorry AIM team but had to fix few things immediately.
Fixed Combatmode being stuck
rpt error in Garrison script fixed.
changed suppression system
added a check for routing and routed units
*units now act more human like in combat and under dourest*
fixed apc bug, but still under bis control
when unit is routing skills will drop
it takes longer to make them rout
but when routed they lose more skills, and are turned back over to bis for fleeing
some arty tweaks
added throw smoke somewhere in between routing and routed when suppressed or running for cover.
Added filter for units with suppressor on suppressed script so not recognized so easily.
Extended finding cover or random position range.
Few other minor tweaks and adjustments.... hey there has to be some surprises!
- Removed SAMO from AISS. You will need to download separately. Troubles with Task Force Radio.
- Made AISS modules and AISS a bit more combatible working with Zeus. When in Zeus AISS reaction time is slowed to 14 seconds so you have time to issues out orders before AISS take control. ALSO AISS modules show and now work in Zeus.
- Few other minor tweaks and changes.
- Adds SAMO to AISS plus new userconfig added to turn SAMO on or off. See SAMO for more details!
- More random task for players. This will be improved with ideas. So give me ideas but keep them simple.
- Fixed player support: If Target was killed Player would be given a task somewhere off the map.
- Suppression and cover work a bit better together now and a even more realistic looking.
- When units are suppressing they now will do it in burst, but can be suppressed during and will stop and drop depending on skill. All is suppression considers skill and works with game controled moral.
- Friendly fire can and will happen do to panic of combat.
- If player is squad leader of AI.The AI will react like just like the rest of the AI.
- Disabled Mech embarking and disembarking till I find a good solution to Iron front mod compatibility. Possibly in next 2 or 3 updates.
- Player can get assigned task if AI friendly needs support. You can stop this by changing AISS_Player_called = 1; to - AISS_Player_called = 0; in userconfigs or by script or by trigger.
- Reduce sonic crack default to 14 meters instead of 35. This can be changed in user configs or by trigger or by script by changing AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis = to desired amount of meters;
- added new user configs below is default settings:
- AISS_Shot_dis = 1000; //// This gauges how far out a shot is heard by AI when shooter doesn't have a suppressor.
- AISS_Sonic_Crack_dis = 14; ///// This gauges how close a round has to be to an AI for the AI to know he's being shot at, and he will hit the deck.
- AISS_Shot_dis_sup = 100; //// This gauges how far out a shooter with a suppressor is heard. Anything above this will not be heard.
- AISS_Time_inCover_min = 10; //// This is minimum amount of time AI will remain on the ground when being suppressed.
- AISS_Time_inCover_max = 20; ////This is maximum amount of time AI will remain on the ground when being suppressed. This is random based on skill combined with AISS_Time_inCover_min.
- AISS_Player_called = 1; //// This allow AISS to assigning task to player units if player is squad leader. 0 Will turn this feature off.
- Added few more scripts to make AISS server ready!
- Player was included in AI features! This has been fixed. Player will no longer do what AI do. Its up to you to be smart
- Tweaked cover script a bit more giving skill a tad more factor.
- Updated AISS defaults. AISS will now start automatically unless you change AISS_Module = 0; to AISS_Module = 1; in userconfigs, init.sqf, or by trigger. Most of AISS parimeters can be changed on the fly.
- Tweaked Suppression script.
- Tweaked cover and suppress script.
- Tweaked a few other minor things I cant remember.
- fixed anoying debug warnings
- made few more extra tweaks
- left out some user configs
- AISS2 modules now has there own category in the module menu. They also come with a description.
- Added a kill switch to user configs AISS_Kill_kill = 0; for stopping the deletion of bodies and vehicles if you do not want this.
- AISS_AI_Enhancments = 0 will now kill the suppress script.
- AISS2 now uses a bin instead of cpp so that AISS can be uploaded to steam.
- Added suppression
- Deleted/merged obsolete scripts
- Added a clean up dead script
- New userconfigs
- Few more tweaks and adjustments
- Add code for better server stability.
- Reduced waypoint spam to 1 or 2 waypoints at a time instead of 7 to 20.
- Added better reaction when AI is fired upon.
- Added script for Arty knowledge of target. For immersion.
- AISS2 Now Server ready!
- There may be few bugs I may have to work out but fully tested couple times and so far so good.
- Fixed XAISS undefined variable error.
- Few other minor fixes I cannot remember.
- Fixed excluded groups. They were taken out of every pool except supporting pool. This is fixed. Keep in mind that Vanilla troops are not that stupid. If Artillery is going off around them or big explotions they will change to combat behavior, but this will not be AISS telling them to do so. AISS doesnt change combat stance except with mechs and Garrisoning troups to make them mount and dismount more efficiantly.
- Add user configs options for you to decide what strength enemy vs AI should be in order to call for support.
- Few other minor fixes.
- Fixed Patrol script
- Patrol script recognizes better userconfig definitions of patrol distance.
- Vehicle units no longer get out then back in to go on a patrol.
- Patroling units will patrol several waypoints return back to original postion and gain a different set of patroling waypoints. Keeps things interesting imho.
I forgot to set my AISS_PATDebug = 1; to AISS_PATDebug = 0; So when you DL this make sure you change that in your userconfigs to AISS_PATDebug = 0; or you will be getting hints showing you minimum and maximum patrolling distances every time a units patrol refreshes.
- Added option in user configs for using AISS2 module or AISS2 starting automatically
- Added a module for editor placed building
- updated Intruction_mission with new options and modules.
- couple other small tweaks
- Added an Instructional Mission for mission editor. Just place this in you mission editor folder and have a look at what's new and how to use AISS2.
- Fixed Squad leader continuing to order units into a destroyed vehicle.
- Mechanized Air units now work. Its not perfect but AISS will now recognize Mech groups with an Air unit instead of an APC.
- Fixed bug for undefined _units + undefined enemies when using ALiVE Thanks goes to ARJay.
- Added Several new modules : AISS2 To initiate AISS2, AISSG for Garrisoning, AISSS for supporting units, AISSH for Holding units, AISSP for patrolling units, AISSX to exclude units from AISS.
- You only have to use AISS2 for AISS2 to work. The other modules are optional if you have something specific in mind for certain groups. See Instructional Mission for more details.
All modules can be found in your modules tab under Misc.
- Few other I can't remember or are small fixes.
- AISS2 completely rewritten from top to bottom
- totally reworked
- Few minor tweaks. Hopefully will limit the delay on menu's and doors with other mods.
- Men will now board APC if enemy contacts are out of range of vehicle or unknown. Range is 300 meters or less when disembarking.
- fine tuned and rewrote most of the scripts
- APC and tanks act correctly
- slightly less lag
- slightly smarter
- Compatible with Iron Front Mod
- To many others to name
- Tanks was acting like mech when using a group of tanks instead of one. They now act correctly.
- Now AI respawns. New userconfig.
- A few other tweaks.
- Infantry and armor now in use for AI support. Just place unit/groups you want to support AI on map with no way points. AISS will do the rest.
- AI will now communicate enemy positions with each other.
- More improvements on Artillery part of script.
- Changed Radio chatter. Trying to tone it down a bit as it makes it hard for players with no mic to communicate on MP.
- mixed up chance percentage. So when you put in .3 it was really 70% chance. This is fix and Arty will not be going crazy.
- changed rate of fire from artillery. There were not enough Barrages.
- added correct userconfig
- Artillery improved instead of random per group salvo drop is random per unit.
- CAS improved. Will not call CAS unless armor is present or Caller is outnumber.
- Few other tweaks.
- CAS called to often on infantry.
- CAS was calling for CAS support. I Fixed that. Will call in Artillery strike instead.
- Tweaked CAS from domove command to Destroy WP.
- Tweaked Arty a bit. Cant remember at the moment what I did.
- Tweaked OOB so that it will recognize better when units are killed or spawned.
- CAS no longer called so often.
- few other tweals.
- CAS now implemented.
- Rewrote Artillery script.
- Script rewrote.
- Userconfigs now work properly.
- Added an OOB script which stands for Order of Battle. Basically it identifies and stores all units into specific categories.
- Found and squashed several bugs I missed in earlier versions.
- Chance of AI suppressing target before Art rounds hit.
- Sample mission for the editor with examples of using the userconfig variables in mission to make mission's as you like.
- You now have the option for chance of each side in userconfig. Type 0 is you don't want a side to use Artillery.
- Updated other configs to work better.
- Left out a few variable in Artillery fire
- Should work now whenever units spawn.
- few other minor tweaks.
- Markers now work in userconfig. default is 0. Set to 1 if you want radius of round falls on map.
- Userconfig is now implemented!!!!!
- Player is no longer included in AI pool of forward observers.
- ETA announcement for side is now working.
- Couple more minor tweaks.
- Fixed crazy error. loop would look for non existent leader.
- Started setting script up for userconfigs, but not usable just yet.
- Artillery is now more sporadic and will not always pinpoint you.
- Artillery will not be called as often, but there is a chance for a full on sporadic barrage.
- Crazy error fixed with _lead Array.
- Couple minor fixes and tweaks.
- AI was calling artillery before they even was aware of enemy. I fixed this with a knowsabout Command.
- Now AI knowledge is based on some information so expect random panic Artillery drops on possible known positions, BUT dont stay put to long the better the enemy has a bead on you the more accurate the Artillery shots will get.
- Few other minor fixes.
- MRLS works now. It likes the commandfire better than the dofire commands.
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.