Requirements: No addons required
Playable options: N/A
Date: 2014-05-28 06:38
Downloads / Arma 3 / Scenarios / Multiplayer Gamemodes / Other / The Great Altis Highway Race OTH-10
Your mission is simple, you must race from one end of Altis to the other. Starting just south of Kavala, you will race along the entire length of the map utilising the main highway road all the way to the finish line at Molos. This is a multiplayer mission only, there are no AI to race against. So the more people you have the better up to a maximum of 10 players (+4 for race spectating). Flags along the route mark hazardous corners or checkpoints where you can pick up a fresh, undamaged car should you wreck the one you were driving. All players can repair their cars to a certain point, but your maximum speed will be severely reduced.
You have no weapons, but you are free to do whatever you can to win or to implement your own rules for the race.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder.
* - Parameter added to enable/disable the OPFOR controlled AH-9 attack helicopters. (Disabled by default)
* - Parameter added to enable/disable all civilian traffic (Enabled by default)
* - Parameter added which locks the player to first person only in a vehicle (Enabled by default)
* - New repair script added.
* - Parameter added which modifies the repair variable to your car. Each variable will affect the maximum top speed of your car should you damage and then have to repair it.
* - Additional starting weather parameters, changed Fog and split it into Light, Moderate or Dense Fog. Good luck racing in dense fog =D
* - Default starting weather changed from Random to Clear. Though i'd prefer to keep it on random, some people may not be prepared for dense fog racing on their first time =D
* - All lights that spawn for night time racing have been reworked. Checkpoints should look alot prettier and far better lit now, orange glow from warning flags is better and several red lights added to various barriers or other obsticles you need to avoid.
* - Additional barriers added at various points along the course to help keep the player on track (or crash and die horribly).
* - A pair of asthetic A-164 Wipeouts will fly over and around Kavala during the start of the race. (note they will not engage the OPFOR helos if you enable them)
* - Opening text and briefing texts have been rewritten to reflect recent changes.
* - Civilian traffic will now turn their lights on at night.
* - Initial spawn loadout when you first join the game. Sometimes would not spawn properly and prevented you from repairing your car until you respawned.
Set Time: Set what time of the day you wish to race in - Default setting 10am.
- BI forums
Tags: No tags