Here is a small script snippet from a coop mission I created to play with some friends. Maybe someone finds this usefull...
Because I thought downloading intel data from a Laptop by just adding a simple addaction to the Laptop is a bit boring I added a small downloading GUI window to it which has some changing texts. The download is only useable by one player at a time, you can abort the download / close the window by hitting ESC or clicking the X. When the download is finished a public var is updated that triggers the task to succeed.
Installation / Usage:
You can check if the download on a laptop/object was finished and/or if someone uses the object by checking the
following variables saved to the object:
_laptopInUse = _myLaptop getVariable [ "T8L_pvar_inUse", false ]; _downloadComplete = _myLaptop getVariable [ "T8L_pvar_dataDownloaded", false ];
- updated the script to better work with objects created on-the-fly
- incompatible to previous versions, so you are not done by replacing files
- fixed the bug that was posted in April ... lazy me
- added the percentage part cuel posted down below. thanks!
- added WTFPL licence to script files, because licenses everywhere :x
- support for multiple laptops / objects
- you can check if the download on a laptop/object was finished by using the following var: T8_pubVarDataTask_MyObjectsName
- with the var T8_pubVarInUse_MyObjectsName you can check if someone uses this object. compare with the triggers placed in the demo mission!
- first release
- BI forums
Tags: No tags