So this is it, I have come full circle, my first rifle release was the SA80RIS and it was AWFUL, which is why I was forced to remake it, vanilla style.
This rifle comes in two flavours, one with the normal rail for the iron sights and Susat scope, and one with a picatinny conversion for use with most of the scopes in Arma 3, not all of them, some of them just don't look right.
There really isn't much to say about it, textures could use some work, but for now it's at least presentable and ready to play with. It's missing some lods, shadow and actual level of distance, I'll sort all that in the coming days, I've also included a bikey etc for server play.
For those that may get confused, I know I did at some point, the picatinny version will not be able to equip the susat scope I made (which I must work on to finish at some point), but the vanilla version will, but not the other scopes etc.
- Normal Iron Sights
- Picatinny Rail
- Picatinny Diamond Sights
- Top Sights
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
kio_l85a2_p (Picatinny Rail)
kio_l85a2_s (Vanilla equipped with susat)
The author has also provided the source of this weapon so you can make your own version based upon it.
- L85A2 v3.5 source
- L85A2 model files (for Max 2011, 12, 13 and 14)
- L85A2 FBX and OBJ files
Other variants in future
Touch up the textures
Custom hand animations and reload animations
various other housecleaning
Credits & Thanks:
A massive thanks goes to LordJarHead for providing me with some beast sound effects for the rifle, they turned out absolutely ace!
- Many of the issues that have been put forward to me have been resolved, but as always, I may have missed something, please let me know.
- I've added new animations for the reloads etc, fixed up the scope sight, added distance lods so it should be way more optimized now
- fixed the texture seams at distance
- various other bits and pieces that escape my memory right now.
- added the LLM MkIII
- added Surefire flashhider which does minimize muzzle flash
- added the BFA which does infact omit damage completely.
- Added the Daniel Defense Ris Rail variant, one with a grippod and one without.
- Added the Elcan LDS which comes in two versions, one with the reflex sight and without
- Added the UGL Variant
- renamed a bunch of things.
- I've completely re worked the L85A2
- rebuilt the LP model
- cleaned up the HP model for better baking results
- The textures need more work, but are passable for now
- Currently it supports the 6.whatever the calibre is suppressor, couple of scopes etc, the basic stuffs.
- The sounds, well the sounds are pretty decent, I had to purchase some from Pond5 and I'm glad I did, worth the investment because this rifle has never sounded this good, in my opinion (but there will always be some people out there that are displeased)
- there's a pink version....
- Optics are now zeroed correctly. (Was using a dodgy top proxy, if anyone is having the same issues I was, you are more than welcome to use the top proxy from my P3D's.)
- Added support for Iansky's and FHQ optics on the picatinny version.
- Added some crude geo and shadow lods
- Split the susat and L85, so now it comes with two pbo's, this should fix the issues some of you were having, let me know. (Both require each other to work)
- Added a sound for fire mode switch. (clickity clackaty mother *beeeeeeeep*)
- Added tracer mag.
- Added support for the normal A3 Stanag mags.
- Added Susat scope with updated visuals. (lods to be done, delete the old susat pbo as it's been merged with the L85.)
- Aligned Iron sights
- Added a supply box for easy placement, comes with all you need out of the box.
- Various other minor tweaks, negligible.
- BI forums