Requirements: No addons required
Short description: This is an Arma 3 mod that contains my Road Block Site Script in module form.
Date: 2014-01-14 16:35
This is an Arma 3 mod that contains my Road Block Site Script in module form. One new module is the Carbomb/Civilian Traffic Module. This module generates civilian traffic on the map, carbombs can be enabled as well. The Debug mode will show the units on the map. While in debug mode you might see a error about the marker. This is expected and should not be a problem while not running debug mode. This module also has built in wreck removal function that will remove wrecks and bodies when you are at a further distance away. Carbombs will drive to a location near a random player. If at any time they see a target they will stop wait a random amount of time (Arm The Bomb) and then accelerate to the player and detonate at a random distance. If you kill the driver there is also a chance for a dead man switch which will detonate the bomb. Also added a Simple Building Patrol module. This will get a few units to patrol the nearest building that the module is placed next to.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Unzip the file (Using 7 Zip) and install it as you would a regular mod.
Roadblock Module Set:
- Open the Modules in the editor and you will find a section called Karma Modules.
- Place the Roadblock Site Module down in the editor at desired location.
- Give the site module a unique name.
- Set the parameters in the site module for Units, Direction, Bargate Destruction and Site Type.
- Set Up Auto Road Direction (This will attempt to get the road direction that the module was placed on)
- Road Direction Flip will roate the site 180 degrees from the road direction.
- Road Distance Scan, 8 to 10 meters is a good value but may need to be tweaked.
- Place the Roadblock Control Module down and give it a name (I like to use Control for the name of this module).
- Default values work fine and are the original values I used in the script version.
Or set the values for gate check distance and timing. Debug was made more for development purposes.
- Synchronize all the Roadblock Site Modules on the map to the Roadblock Site Control Module.
- Preview the mission and adjust Roadblock Site position and direction as needed.
Custom Unit Roadblock Site Module:
- Fallow the directions above for set up and synchronizing the module.
- Place down any three units from any downloaded unit mod then synchronize each unit to the Custom Site Module.
- The site will use the units you placed and synchronized in the editor at the Custom Unit Roadblock Site Module
- In the editor try and place the units as close to the custom roadblock site as possible.
Simple Building Patrol:
-Place the module down as close to the building you want the units to patrol as possible
- Set the Floor Offset value as needed to try and get units not to appear in the floor.
- Place the units you want to use in the editor.
- Synchronize the patrolling units to the module.
- Preview Mission
- Place the module in the center of the map.
- Set the module parameters listed below to your liking.
- Set the probability of car bomber spawn (Smaller the number the less chance of a car bomb spawing)
- Set max number of carbombs (Zero can be used to not spawn any car bombs just civ traffic.)
- Set max number of civilian cars (Zero can be used as well)
- Set Minimum spawn distance to player. I.E. 1000 would equate to no unit can spawn within a click of a player)
- Map Scan Size 10000 is defualt. (10k covers most of Altis but can be adjusted for future maps)
The map scan size can be adjusted with the debug option below. Adjust the vaule below unilt the number
of positions does not change.
- Debug will show map markers for each spawned unit as well as to ensure script is running)
- Preview and try not to get blown up.
- IED Module
- Add Suicide Bombers To City Garrison Module
- Add Blacklist Area To Carbomb Module
- Investigate Using Module As A Server Side Only Mod
- Add To Play With Six
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to the entire Arma Community and BI Forums for any help that you provided subminuentisch - For helping out with the module config file and pbo'ing.
sttosin - For help with the testing.
- Added City Garrison Module
- Added Mod Logo
- Minor Code Tweaks
- Added Licence Agrement On BI forum thread. (Nothing Unreasonable In My Opinion)
- Contains v 1.1 of the Roadblock Site Script.
- Added Carbomb And Civilian Traffic Module
- Added Simple Building Patrol Module
- Fixed Small Error In Config Causing Error On Dedicated Server.
- Updated module to be running 1.0 version of the roadblock site script.
- BI forums
Tags: No tags