Fire For Effect: The God Of War
FFE is a counterpart of A2's "Fire At Will" addon prepared for Arma 3 with only minor changes, mostly unavoidable due to completely new artillery handling. Its variation deals with artillery under Hetman script.
Unlike Arma 2, in Arma 3 scripts aren't necessary to actually see AI artillery firing, still some scripting can improve arty AI and can be useful for people, who need such enhancement. That is the goal of FFE.
"Fire For Effect" provides fully autonomous AI artillery, that reacts on current situation by smart shelling enemy targets spotted by allied forces. "Smart" means reasonable target choosing, avoiding friendly fire or civilian casaulties and ability of predicting, where moving target will be at impact by analyzing its movement vector. FFE provides also simulation of targeting errors due to factors like human mistakes, weather and more.
Addon supports all generic Arma 3 artillery units. Custom artillery pieces, if compatibile with vanilla artillery computer, may be added via init variables.
To install Fire For Effect: The God Of War you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
To use the FFE addon version in your missions launch the game with FFE addon, place on map some artillery pieces, any units of same side acting as FOs, some OPFOR as targets and FFE module. That’s all.
To use FFE script version, instead of module, put content of "Script version" folder into mission folder and place following code line eg in the init field of any unit or activation field of trigger etc. or, best way, in the init.sqf:
nul =  execVM "RYD_FFE\FFE.sqf";
See included manual for more details, including optional customization via init config variables.
I'll be grateful for any bug reports, best in form of well discussed repro mission.
Addon was created "by player for players", source scripts you can freely modify, copy, "cannibalize", to use in your projects. It is released under APL-SA license. I'll be grateful for notification about each such usage.
- fixed: Monogamy mode was enforced no matter, how the setting was set.
- Fixed: CSAT Sochor was not firing.
- Fixed rare script error when using particular user-made artillery pieces.
- added auto-detection of arty assets, that should grab and utilize also any custom made artillery without any manual config. Manual config left as an option/backup;
- Compatibility with Iowa battleship mod with following init variable to force this mode manually (check manual);
- minor code improvements;
- manual updated.
- removed RPT spam for arty groups consisting members not manning artillery pieces.
- now artillery should properly avoid targeting hostiles, if any civilians are in that area;
- any classnames of arty units in the init config should be typed lowercase only;
- updated manual;
- minor code tweaks.
- code fixes to prevent possible stuck when battery has not enough ammo and to improve reliability;
- minor code fix.
- added possibility to add via init config custom artillery pieces that use custom magazines;
- arty targetting now based on supposed (by FO) target position than on actual position;
- fire mission will be interrupted, if during targeting FO spotting the target will be killed or removed.
- improved code reliability
- few minor tweaks
- First release
- BI forums