The ALiVE Team
released an updated version of the ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment
on the BI forums
The Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment (ALiVE) is an easy to use modular mission framework that provides everything players and mission makers need to quickly set up and run realistic military operations in almost any scenario.
Continuing our current theme of stability and optimisation, this release includes a bunch of fixes and tweaks based on feedback and bug reports from our community. Highlights include an update to civilian stop & search, which makes them more compliant when arrested and allows them to be detained (for their own safety) without playing Houdini tricks when you're not looking. Infantry units now have the option to deploy boats when advancing across water features, making littoral assaults feasible. CQB units have the option to deploy static weapons in built up areas, including fixed MG posts and mortars. In the meantime we're working on a couple of new features including a revamped ambient civilian model and an AI Joint Force Air Component Commander. Follow our progress on Github!
- Infantry use boats to cross water (optional)
- Ambient CQB deploy static weapons (BIS factions only for now; set to 0 to disable)
- Improved civilian stop, search & detain
- Improved initial mission load times on dedicated servers
- Updated index for Clafghan; Kalu Khan; Kidal; Isla Duala; Panthera; Bin Song Tanh; Lingor
- Changed ALiVE tablet map to be more readable (thanks taro8!)
- Added alternative map cover for ALiVE tablet (thanks Asmodeuz!)
- Various fixes for Combat Support