Dead Simple Helo Liftingby
A simple, lightweight script that enables helicopters to carry ground vehicles around. Works for all helicopters and ground vehicles, no matter what. I once again lack a third sentence.
Installation / Usage:
Just copy the "scripts" folder into the mission folder, then either copy the init.sqf into your mission folder or, if your init.sqf already exists, copy the following line into it:
 execVM "scripts\lift_init.sqf";And that's it.
Prerequisites for lifting:
- You are in a helicopter
- You are the pilot
- You are travelling no more than 10 km/h
- There is a nearby ground vehicle for you to lift (duh)
The only prerequisite for dropping vehicles is that you are travelling no more than 10 km/h.
The lifted vehicle has neither physics nor collisions. I don't think there's a way for me to fix this simply.
There is no performance impact on the helicopter when lifting. Work on this is not going well.
- Fixed: Vehicles which were not local were unaffected by helo velocity when dropping.
- Vehicles will now auto-drop if the carrying helo is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue with the previous update (it was using the speed in m/s, not km/h)
- Dropped vehicles now inherit the helicopter's velocity
- Removed the speed limit for dropping vehicles
- Fixed: Sideways speeds count as less than the speed limit.
- Changed how the actions are handled. It is now dependant on the helicopter you are in, not the player who activated it.
- Made the actions yellow.
- Fixed: Reverse speeds are counted as below the limit.
- Fixed: Vehicles make tyre tracks (etc.) across ground they are carried over.
- You can now lift boats.
- Added 2 blacklist parameters (one for ground/sea vehicles, one for helicopters). These are explained in the USAGE.txt.
- first release
- BI forums