TMR Modular Realism - Alternate
Taosenai & cambam47
TMR Modular Realism - Alternate is, like the name already indicates, an alternative version of Taosenai's TMR Modular Realism addon
. Taosenai can currently no longer work on his addon and encourages others to continue improving his work.
TMR is a modular, open-source modification for Arma 3 aimed at increasing realism and complexity without sacrificing engaging gameplay and accessibility. Currently it includes only a small number of features, but more are being developed. TMR is meant to be used in all environments: single player, multiplayer co-op, team vs. team, even open-world scenarios.
You can find more information on the TMR homepage.
TMR is based on a couple of key principles.
1. Only make changes and additions which alter gameplay in an important way which adds to the player experience.
2. No frustrating or tedious mechanics.
3. Each module should stand alone (except for core and unifying modules). The core module must make no user-visible changes. Unifying modules must be optional.
4. Everything must be polished. Everything includes a tutorial mission or documentation for the user.
5. Fits all playstyles: multi, single, against AI, against players.
- New 2D Scopes:
4x RCO-type sights now have animated 2D scope overlays with real, detailed reticles. These reticles are calibrated mil-for-mil and have correct BDCs for their marked caliber.
- Enhanced Ballistics:
6.5x39mm and 5.56x45mm now have more accurate ballistics and muzzle velocity.
- Light Anti-tank Weapons (PCML, RPG-42):- Predicted line-of-sight guidance system for the PCML
Complete redesign of the PCML and RPG-42 based on their real counterparts, the NLAW and the RPG-32.
- Overhead top attack flight profile for the PCML, with EFP simulation
- Multi-Purpose Variant (MPV) blast-frag warhead for the PCML, based on the SRAW MPV
- Corrected ballistic drop and flight parameters for both launchers
- New warheads (smoke, thermobaric) for the RPG-42
- New calibrated reticles for both launchers
- Complete AI support for both weapons
Adds support for disposable or one-shot weapons, such as the PCML AT and MPV variants.Blast Fragmentation:
Support scripts to allow a more detailed simulation of fragmentation from frag weapons and grenades. Currently only supports the PCML MPV!Weapon Resting & Bipods:
Weapons will rest against objects automatically, reducing muzzle climb. You can press Tab (Lock Targets) to deploy the bipod on weapons which have one mounted.New Recoil and Aim Sway Profiles:
All-new recoil and aim sway profiles to improve the feel of weapons and shooting. Binoculars no longer sway wildly.Realistic Suppressors:
Suppressors do not reduce damage or muzzle velocity. Suppressors have specific threadings and cannot screw on to weapons just because they share a caliber (optional). Suppressors very slightly increase the cyclic rate of weapons due to increased back-pressure.Changes to Default Weapon Characteristics:
The Vermin now has 2-round burst. The MX SW has a single shot mode. All MXs can load the 100 round coffin magazines. Many, many more.
This is an alternate version of Taosenai's TMR Modular Realism addon
. Make sure to delete that version before installing this alternate version!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
You can remove any modules beginning with ‘tmr_’ from the @TMR\Addons folder. However, if you do this, you may not be able to use the ‘tmr_u_’ modules — these so-called ‘unifying’ modules rely on content from multiple modules in order to fill weapon boxes, set unit loadouts, and so on. You will receieve a useful error when launching Arma 3 if this is the case.
TMR Modular Realism - Alternate on github.com: https://github.com/cambam47/tmr-alt/
If you don’t like the new 2D reticles, simply remove tmr_optics.pbo. But I think you’ll come to like them a lot!
Credits & Thanks:
Taosenai for the original version and releasing it as open source.
- Fixed issue with suppressor recoil.
- Still making sure, but the issue with "ref to non-network object" appears to be a warning rather than an error. It doesn't appear to have a solution, but the issue with warnings stacking up and spamming client RPT has been solved.
- Fixed issue with Autorest refPoints not being deleted on respawn (credit to Tankbuster and Robalo).
- Fixed file signatures.
- Fixed issue with hard-rest not correctly resetting when player turned away from cover.
- Disposable weapons are now dropped from the player inventory to the ground once they change to a different weapon.
- Began work on weapon overheating module (not yet implemented)
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3