Date: 2014-05-10 22:20
This addon adds the F-35B Lightning II as an Air vehicle for the NATO faction (BLUFOR side) to your copy of Arma 3, and is a port of the F-35B from Arma 2 using the publicly released Arma 2 source files from Bohemia Interactive and weapons from Arma 3.
Three versions of the F-35B are included with different weapons, in the style of Arma 2's AV-8B Harrier II or Arma 3's A-143 Buzzard, and at this time no additional addons are required.
To install F-35B Lightning II you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
All three loadouts may be found in the Editor under:
Classname - Version - Loadout
CHO_F35B_AA - F-35B (AA) - 25 mm gun, 6 x Zephyr, 2 x Falchion-22, 2 x GBU-12
CHO_F35B_CAS - F-35B (CAS) - 25 mm gun, 2 x Zephyr, 2 x Falchion-22, 2 x GBU-12, 4 x Macer
CHO_F35B_LGB - F-35B (LGB) - 25 mm gun, 2 x Zephyr, 2 x Falchion-22, 6 x GBU-12
Weapons - Magazines
CHO_F35B_Falchion_W - CHO_F35B_Falchion_M
CHO_F35B_GBU12_W - CHO_F35B_GBU12_ext_M, CHO_F35B_GBU12_int_M
CHO_F35B_Macer_W - CHO_F35B_Macer_M
CHO_F35B_Zephyr_W - CHO_F35B_Zephyr_ext_M, CHO_F35B_Zephyr_int_M
* The aircraft tends to pitch upward and roll/list leftward when taking off via auto-hover, should adjust once speed and altitude are gained
* HUD is off-center relative to "game" crosshair, keep the latter enabled
* Vehicular sound bug that seems to have appeared with v1.18
* Wingtip collision lights aren't appearing
Credits & Thanks:
I would like to pay special thanks to mankyle for providing me with a config for the HMD as well ongoing config advice, and to NouberNou for providing me with a breakthrough in resolving my problems with the model config.
Bohemia Interactive: Created and publicly released the Arma 2 source data from which this mod was derived
BusterBlader: Provided the model for the gun pod and underwing pylons
dezkit, mankyle: Provided config and model tweaks
John_Spartan: Provided some sources, including the script by which the weapon bay doors are operated
NouberNou: Helped me solve a lack of working animations, without which this mod would not have seen public release
This mod is released under the Arma Public License, whose terms may be found here:
- Changed AA and CAS loadouts:
Added weapons to both loadouts, as per the above reference in the Classnames section
Now using custom classnames for the loadouts, weapons, and magazines
- Added LGB loadout
- Added a script to enable the weapon bays to open when selecting internally-carried weapons, and to automatically close when they are expended or the pilot selects externally-carried weapons or the gun pod
- Enabled hiddenSelectionsTextures arrays for each loadout (currently only "f35_co.paa") to facilitate future retexturing.
- Enabled VTOL via "auto-hover" (toggled via action menu or default keybind "X") and short take-off
- Replaced the AH-99 Blackfoot-derived HMD with an A-164 Wipeout-derived HMD
- Tweaked model:
Added underfuselage gun pod and six underwing pylons
Pilot point of view was adjusted
Removed various textures that were no longer needed, i.e. gear light is now handled via config and memory points instead of via texture
Right-hand flight stick and hand now moves when pitching or diving, and banking/rolling
- Various additional config tweaks
- Initial public release
- BI forums