This addon aims to create a fictional army based upon the South Zagorian/Chernarussian region that has been created in ArmA 2, and is based upon fictional events which occur after the fictional events which originally occured in ArmA 2. This army utilizes mainly modifications of Afghanistan-era Soviet Arms, thanks to control of a few factories in the northern part of Chernarus. This release has infantry units and a UAZ, other vehicles will come later.
A basic summary is as follows: After the ChDKZ forces were largely subdued by the combined USMC/CDF presence, a small pocket was capable of gaining strong support from Russia to take back the region of Chernarus, recieving support in the form of funds and arms, under the condition that the new army obey international laws. This new South Zagorian Army is meant to distance itself from the war crimes commited by the ChDKZ.
These units should be compatible with ALiVE, woodland infantry groups for the South Zagorian, CDF, and Takistani factions are guaranteed to be working.
CDF and Takistani Army units are also present, using the AK-74 and AKM, respectively. They are on BluFor and OpFor, respectively, and are meant to be the main enemies of the South Zagorian Army, bordering it on the South and West, respectively.
Introducing the new modernized South Zagorian forces, who have spent some of the extra money they've acquired from about three years of their battles with CDF and Takistani forces, from taking over parts of the oil-rich Takistan, and the greatly industrialized power of their nation on restandardizing to the 7n10 rifle round, optical scopes for all machinegunners, and a new, improved uniform. They've also increased spending on certain improvements to vehicles, but those aren't included yet. The PKM and SVD have been added as well to give marksmen and machinegunners, the AK-74sz now has a hooded front sight, and the RPK-74sz now has a cloth box for its belts.
Rumors that the new uniform has some sort of high-tech features have been denied by the SZ army.
In the works for the South Zagorian faction are of course vehicles such as the BMP-2, BTR, Kamaz (including version carrying BM-21 grad missiles), BRDM, Vodnik, and potentially the T-72, T-80, UH-1H huey, and Jawa-353 motorcycle. Heavier weapons to counter other forces also getting these, such as the Metis rocket, will also be developed. Also in the works are scout and sniper units, and eventually special and/or elite forces. Finally, the South Zagorian army will have a partisan division which is trained in guerrilla warfare and is used to fight guerrillas or insurgencies, and South Zagoria itself will have an armed populace similar to Switzerland, although with older firearms.
Chernarussian Defense Forces:
Also introducing the modernized and westernized CDF forces, whose slowly losing battle against South Zagoria has prompted many western nations to support them. While the prime assistant is the United States, who has funneled bulletproof vests, Stinger missiles, heavy weaponry, and the majority of new weapons that the CDF uses, various other benefactors like Belgium, Germany, and other NATO countries have sent in aid as well with the hope that the CDF army will, after defeating South Zagoria, purchase more supplies from them. The CDF still holds onto some traditional values, and many of the newer weaponry has been modified where possible, to suit the CDF doctrine: M16s and M4s all fire full-auto, the RPG-7 continues to be used, the charging handle on the SCAR has been swapped to the right side, and other small details have been modified to suit the country's purposes.
In the words for the CDF are vehicle reskins of those which will be added to the South Zagorian faction, and potentially also western vehicles such as the Humvee. More western weapons will also be added, such as perhaps the G36, TOW, and other fun stuff. Special and/or elite forces are also in the works for the CDF, as well as allies such as the US and NAPA.
In contrast, Takistan isn't exactly a nation to be modernized, but it has mobilized many more troops with a greater variety of weapons, including the FN FAL and Ishapore 2A.
In the works for them are some lesser-powered vehicles and such, and perhaps more variants of those weapons which they already posses. Also in the works may be special forces and the ally of Isklaristan, which uses supplies similar to Iran's.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
If you know how to fix, or can help with, anything I've marked with a star (*), please let me know.
*PGO-7 Sight for RPG (Need textured model)
RPG-7 could use a bit of tuning
Not all vehicles are present (Need Vodnik, BMP-2, T-72, *T-80u)
Foregrip shows up when weapon is on the ground, even if it isn't a foregrip variant (Arma Bug)
Feet of Mi-24 cargo clip through it
Mi-24 cargo windows are hard to see out of
UAZ-469 Handling is still a bit wonky
Picking up a weapon with a GP-25 from the ground causes the GP-25 itself to become invisible
AI can't aim well with the GP-25
Credits & Thanks:
Bohemia Interactive Studios: For the great game of ArmA, and for the sample models which have been used for this addon
LAxemann: For the all the weapon sounds, and for help with configuring them
Dust2Dust: For his great Ballistics Calculator
All content is either Adapted Material based upon the ArmA 2 sample models, or is released by BIS under the APL license, and is licensed under the same APL as that work is. The original creators of the materials is Bohemia Interactive. A list of modifications is in the readme.txt.
- Added new sounds for Ishapore, FN FAL, Scar-H
- Added BMP-1, T-34, T-55, ZSU-23-1 Shilka to RDS compatibility plugin
- Added BMP-2sz variant vehicle to the RDS compatibility plugin, with Ataka Missiles and a better engine
- Added groups to the RDS compatibility plugin, which should make it usable with ALiVE
- Added 2A42, Konkurs launcher, as vehicle weapons with sounds that are in-line with the rest of the addon, now present on the BMPs.
- Added USMC faction, using M16a4, M4, HK416, and other goodies
- Known Bug: USMC use RPG as placeholder, instead of SMAW
- Added Field Medics, Field Doctors
- Added XMedSys compatibility plugin (under optional folder)
- Added ASDG compatibility plugin (under optional folder)
- Added filters to South Zagorian Mi-24 hinds, and CDF Mi-24vp hinds.
- Fixed overpenetration of infantry bullets (Thanks to Reyhard)
- Fixed Isklaristani camo oversaturation
- Fixed: Mi-24p Falanga and Shturm variants have reversed naming
- Fixed: UN Tanks have wrong crew classname
- Added new sounds for most new guns
- Added new reloading animation for AK rifles
- Added HK MP5, HK33, HK53, G3, and so forth
- Added prototype AK-174sz, RPK-174sz
- Added AK-174szK series intermediate-length weapons
- Moved bipods to be attachments for possible TMR compatibility
- Added optional config to allow RDS tanks to be used. Currently only T-72A/B/BM and BMP-2 are supported
- Added Takistani Elite troops
- Added Isklaristani troops
- Some slight adjustments to gear of SZ forces
- Added Field Medic and Field Doctor (WIP) to SZ
- Added PGO-7 placeholder scope for RPG-7
- Reworked RPG-7 ballistics to be better
- Added zeroing to RPG-7 iron sight
- Reworked textures on older SZ forces, including UN
- Added Elite Rifleman class for certain factions
- Fixed: Mi-24 missiles should not have lock-on. It has been removed
- Fixed: UAZs should now properly spawn when using ALiVE
- RU faction now has their proper UAZ
- CDF now has retextured UAZ in a new camouflage
- Known Bug: Mi-24 for CDF still has RU camo, no Mi-24 for RU forces
- Known Bug: UN Tanks have wrong crew classname, you'll have to place it as empty
- Known Bug: Animation weirdness on new AK reload in third-person
- Made more realistic ballistics and multiple ammo types for all calibers used in the addon:
- Added Modernized CDF, with western themes and new uniform
- Added Modernized South Zagoria, with new uniform
- Added AK-101
- Added m16a2, m16a3, m16a4, m16a5 (fictional, FA variant), m4, m4a1
- Added Scar-L, Scar-H in short/standard/long variants
- Added XM8
- Added FN FAL, Ishapore 2A (Lee-enfield in 7.62x51 NATO)
- Added m249 Saw, m249 para, M240
- Added PKM
- Added SVD, Mk12
- Added GP-25 to all weapons capable of supporting it
- Added PSO optic in 2x, 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x fixed versions
- Added variable-zoom PSO in 2x-6x, 3x-9x, and 4x-12x versions
- Groups have been changed to make each faction more unique and realistic
- Squad leaders and other units who have optics now generally start with their optic on the rifle
- 1p78 can now switch between day-reticle and night-reticle by zooming in/out
- Now featuring Russian army units (infantry only for now. Use CDF variant vehicles to have the old Russian camouflage), available in Flora camouflage. Also has VDV variants in SKOL camo, complete with VDV berets and patch for VDV-GRU.
- I have set up a compatibility addon for using Suddens' Russian scopes, it is available in the "optional" folder of this addon.
- A new camouflage variant is also available for the South Zagorian units, meant to be very effective in the grasslands of Stratis and Altis.
- Mi-24 hind has been added for all countries, in three variants (-v, -vp, -p) and many arnament types!
- All new and existing units are now compatible with Zeus modules!
- Thanks to LAxemann for weapon sounds for the GSh30k and GSh23L
- Added AKMS, AK-74m, AK-74 gold, RPK-74m
- Added Strela-2, Igla, Stinger, goggles, aviator sunglasses
- Added AA infantry, and appropriate groups, to all factions
- Added visor-down pilot helmet (kae_SZ_Helmet_Pilot_down)
- Added transport boxes for all current factions
- Also added one US crate for the Stinger
- Also added RU crates for AK-74m and so forth
- Added CSZ collimator sight (Collamator South Zagoria)
- Added map icons for Hinds and UAZs
- Reverted to old 1p78 reticle
- Officers and Generals added for all countries
- Added two types of belt-holsters and one chest-holster
- Added Makarov
- Added different variants of AK-74sz, including ones with foregrip
- Added Ushankas
- Fixed Berets
- Fixed Backpacks on ground
- Fixed UAZ Tuning (Need feedback)
- UN UAZs now split in vehicle types to CDF and SZ variants
- New recoils for some variants of guns
- South Zagorian RPKs now have the RPK-style stock
- 1p78 now has a green reticle (If anyone could help with making it black during day and green during night, it would be awesome!)
- includes the previous UAZ Sound Hotfix and also new sounds for the weapons from LAxemann!
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.