Date: 2015-09-25 22:06
What is this? Real Armor Mod, it improves some armor related things
Who is it for? Anybody, but it's especially recommended to those who use both RHS and other mod or stock content together
Server or client? Both, all machines should run the full mod
What does it do? HEAT warheads spawn a projectile on impact, which enables engine AP simulation
Is this script intensive? Nope, there's a tiny script that runs once on HEAT impact and the rest is done by the engine
Why is this not part of the game? Good question!
Ongoing Documentation (Post)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Support our bug list :) Please click on these links & upvote them if you agree!
This side-project is really an outgrowth of a planned NATO vs. Warsaw Pact realism mod
I may update this mod as BIS releases more A3 content, but it's really just a step toward porting/expanding the real-world content from Arma 2
Credits & Thanks:
Olds (instigator and causer of mistakes)
Bakerman (script guru)
Sakura-Chan (for excellent contributions to the armor thread that kicked this all off)
zGuba (all-around helpful BIS developer)
Mikero's incomparable DOS tools!
Hypnomatic & Dslyecxi (for the fun and useful projectile tracing script/scenario)
VKing (for modding practices help from a pro)
kju & the helpful gang at CUP
See Documentation post.--applies to RAM config changes only.
CBA & Bakerman's contributions (all scripts) are subject to their own licensing terms(!)
I recommend you PM me for assistance if anything is unclear in the documentation.
Removed Bohemia vehicle and weapon config edits
Improved HEAT script functionality
Improved performance by using hitPart event
Added tandem HEAT warheads
Added RHS warhead compatibility for all vehicles
Added RHS armor compatibility for all warheads
Removed vehicle hitpoint tweaks
Improved tank damage consistency with a slight armor debuff
- Fixed AIS munition offset caused by latest BIS update
- Fixed AIS munitioin problem
- Make tracked vehicles susceptible to mines
- Make APC's (especially AA variants) more sensitive to damage
- Missile & Rocket penetration enabled courtesy of Bakerman's AIS_Penetration (RAM variant)
- Advanced armor support but not for vanilla A3 vehicles
- Tank damage sensitivity increased
- Signed with my key to facilitate MP (let's see if I did that correctly...)
- Tweaked vehicles to make them more vulnerable to penetrating damage (particularly APC's). This also makes them slightly more vulnerable to non-penetrating damage, but I think the net result is more realistic.
- Zeroed MBT passThrough, but retained on APC HitFuel (altho it diminishes the effect of armor thickness; you could even make this value higher to reflect sensitive fuel tanks I suppose)
- Increased (weakened) explosionShielding on APCs
- Discovered adding caliber causes missile bugs and removed all missiles from mod for time being. They still work more realistically than they used to, but they do not use precise penetration values as the properly working weapons do.
- Fix for PCML & RPG flying through vehicles.
- config files trimmed to the bone--only changed values are in there.
- Starting to calibrate explosives & missiles (PCML & RPG-42 are done).
- APC's are still too damage resistant, but it's not terrible. (I plan to fix it).
- configs trimmed down and cleaned up to play better with other mods.
- Initial release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3