RealSound Sound Configuration - F18
This is my sound configuration file for John and Saul's wonderful FA-18 Super hornet pack. I would love for you all to give this a try and let me know what needs changing and what could use buffing/nerfing in terms of sound quality. I hope to add some flyby scripts, which will add a even higher amount of realism to the sound aspect of the aircraft.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Scripts featured in this release are not final, and are subject to change! If you experience any issues, please leave them on the release thread on the BI forums!
Credits & Thanks:
I do have permission from John to move forward with this project, as long as I give him the proper credit of course.
Thank you to John_Spartan for letting me release this config, I hope more people will use your aircraft now that it doesn't have the ArmA 2 jet sounds.
Thank You all for your support in this project!
BigPickle (SpeedOfSound mod)
Shazer (Config help)
RealSound Studios - End User License Agreement
7/20/2014 - 10:40AM EST
1.) BY DOWNLOADING THIS ADDON THE USER AGREES TO;
a.) Not copy and, or, redistribute any work by RealSound
b.) Not modify any original content within the PBO files
c.) Not rip (or copy from) any content from PBO files
d.) Not use steam workshop to republish any work by RealSound
2.) As stated above, any user found violating these rules will be consequence of equal copyright punishment under the Bohemia Interactive APL license act of 2014.
End User License Agreement - Subject to change
- Texture of sounds has been changed
- Three unique flyby sounds will play at certain distance
- Distant sound reduced (again)
- Fixed HUD screens in cockpit that were black
- New external sounds
- New startup sound effects (internal and external)
- Cone (Doppler effect) implemented and is working. *!*Caution, do not expect this to sound at all EXACTLY like how a jet would in real life, the arma engine is very limited to what I can do with it*!*
- Implementation of a flyby sound effect (Currently WIP, but working)
- Tweaked the plane's distant sound effect's pitch so it doesn't overpower as much
- Tweaked cockpit sounds (and are still WIP, but a lot better)
- removed line(s) of code referencing future scripts
- commented future extended event handler use line in main config
- removed some useless sound files
- tweaked RS_Distant sound file to sound less "thunderous"
- tweaked other sound parameters
- began staging for custom cockpit/startup sounds
- first release
- BI forums
- F/A-18 Super Hornet
- Community Base addons A3