LIFTER is a set of scripts that give - as - you mod a helicopter , the ability to transport objects ( of almost any type and form ) suspended by external sling.
This version of the Mod, keeps the operating mode of its predecessor for ArmA2 with the advantages provided arma3 such as PIP capability.
To become familiar with its operation, I recommend that you read the documentation that shed in his day with the version for ArmA 2 ( link at end of post).
For lazy people, here is a brief summary:
The module automatically applies to helicopters carrying capacity (Those type of attack can not only lift load , it is assumed that the weight of the weapon makes ability prohibitive ) .
To make realistic this function , a constant comparison is made between the volume of the helicopter and the load immediately below it. A routine is responsible for deduction if the load can be transported and decides what kind of sling use (there are 3 types, for light, medium and heavy duty) .
Find the charge within a distance of 7 meters (maximum) from the lower end of the sling hanging under the helicopter to the center of the object to be transported). It requires some skill to fly the load, but it becomes easier with practice.
There is the ability to turn on a video camera (turn on and off with the H key) presented on a screen in the cockpit, the area of the sling to the load. This camera has normal mode, night-vision and thermal (switch modes with shift + H on).
The load can be released at any time, with the consequent risk of damage. (<5 meters: No harm, 5-10 medium damage and> 10 total destruction).
Lift vehicles are not allowed inside staff with the exception of light boats (boats or mini-submarines for spec-ops).
The module covers most of the helicopters currently in use in ArmA 3, but new versions will be included if the community requested (keeping your sanity).
The loading process is distributed in the pc's customers (not overload the server).
It was tested in SP and MP.
Read the documentation that shed in his day with the version for ArmA 2
To install Lifter for ArmA 3 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
1 - Place the folder containing the module (@RAV_lifter_A3) in arma3 folder.
2 - Enter to arma3 (Configure/Expansions) enable the module and restart arma3.
3 - Start the mission editor (SP and MP).
4 - Select modules to the editor (F7).
5 - Look it in the "Misc" section.
6 - Enjoy it.
Credits & thanks:
All credit goes to my brother ( nick : Ground Beef ) with his insistence that managed to adapt my old and dear lifter for ArmA2 (yes, the one who in his day , was part of the fabulous mod ACE).
- Add: You can make an object be ignored by the detection LIFTER (Example: name_object SetVariable ["noLift", true, true]
- Add: From the menu command you can sort lower or raise to a total pool steps (helicopter CH-47 family and assault boat)
- Add: Compatibility with Up Armored HMMWV Modification
- Add: Compatibility with Brazilian Defence Forces (BDF)
by BDF Team.
- Add: Compatibility with Chinook Pack
- Fixed: Immobility problem with vehicles dropped on the ground.
- Fixed: Unstable position of objects carried in slings.
v1.06.3 (Hotfix #3)
v1.06.2 (Hotfix #)
v1.06.1 (Hotfix #1)
- Fixed bottleneck stage initialization process of background in main menu of ArmA 3.
- Add: Version control between client and server mod.
- Add: If Zeus,Alive or MCC is present in the mission, LIFTER starts automatically as if it has been included in the design of it.
- Add: You can not make a fast-rope while hanging object takes external slings.
- Add: Ability to change the height of helicopter in deployment of strings (fast-rope) between 5 and 30 meters (default is 20 meters) (See About_fastrope.txt).
- Add: Compatibility with Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement by RichardsD (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25658).
- Add: Compatibility with Australian Defence Force Uncut by Pastor399 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20585).
- Change: helicopter CH-47 family can deploy up to 3 ropes for fast-rope operations depending on the number of troops deployed.
- Change: Revised control respawn of player for assignations of actions (I hope this solves the problems reported).
- Change: helicopter AI controlled, reaches the deployment area (fast-roping) more precisely (see example missions in this pack).
- Add: Examples missions on using fast-rope capacity (with WayPoints and without WayPoints) see Demo_missions folder.
- Add: Compatibility with Boeing/SOAR MH-47E by Konyo (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25580).
- Add: Compatibility with mod HAFM ArmA 2 UK Wheeled (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25368).
- Add: Configurable key (user11) to initiate action fast-rope.
- Add: Now you can use the action to fast-rope in helicopter unrecognized by LIFTER (read config_fastrope.txt).
- Add: Is next to impossible to land with hanging load. Release it first, then land.
- Add: If vehicle/object is too heavy to lift for your helicopter, will be indicated on LCD display.
- Add: (Fast-rope) Human players no rope down by default, must indicate in the menu of actions during deployment (See About_fastrope.txt).
- Add: Helicopter doors open and close automatically (if possible) for fast-rope operations.
- Change: The object detection cycle at the end of sling was accelerated to improve reaction (25ms to 10ms by cycle).
-Fixed: Action problems of ascent ladder for AI individual commanded by human (CHinook and boat-Armed).
-Fixed errors JIP
-Fixed error definition .rtm (fast-rope)
-Compatibility with mod TacOps helo's
-Compatibility with mod Dutch MARSOF Units
-Compatibility with mod African Conflict
-Compatibility with mod Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod
-Ability to move from armed boat to CH-47 and vice versa via ladder (human and AI) (See About_Ladder.txt for more details)
-Ability to execute a fast-rope from any recognized by helicopter mod (See About_fastrope.txt for more details)
-Fixes loading problem playing Single Player.
-Expanded range of search object at the lower end of sling (formerly 3 meters, now 7 meters)
-Relocated position sling, camera and LCD display in cabine to CH-47F (resized by Aplion)
-Redefinition of classes Nato Hellcats http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24161
- warnings RPT about Geometry Lod
- Position Adjustments in strings of some classes (Container, Static, and others)
- Increased volume of sounds of objects to impact surface (land and sea)
- Positions Adjustments slings drones
- built compatibility:
HMMWV - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24517
Blu Mohawk - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22621
GLT mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19763
- Fixed compatibility:
ACRE - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19324
- Corrected lack of recognition of certain kinds of objects
- Adjustments detection range load to be lifted
- Improved code
- Release initial
- Community Base addons A3
- BI forums