Date: 2014-08-26 22:10
As the name states this is DAGR-like GPS receiver, like there used to be on Arma 2 with ACE.
- Position tracking in 3 operating modes (STBY, FIX, CONT)
- Waypoint list edition
- Ability to quickly save your current position as a waypoint (MRK)
- Waypoint transfer between players
- Multiple units systems
- Power management
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Check the included readme for detailed usage instructions.
- Variables are not associated to the device itself but to the player's mission namespace. Which means switching the SMGR with another one won't change anything, the settings and variables will still be the same (battery level, waypoints etc).
Credits & Thanks:
By Gid Modding Studio
- Graphics by <G.I.D> Emperias
- Scripting by <G.I.D> Sacha
- fixing the issues reported on v1.1
- Fixed: compatibility with all MGRS map grids.
- Fixed: device actualy shuts down at 0% battery;
- Modified: refactored almost all functions.
- Modified: new GUI with 3D object
- Added: you can replace the battery using the same battery as for laser designators.
- Added : data link to laser designator.
- Added: you can auto-cycle waypoints on proximty.
- Added: you can set the refresh rate for CONT mode.
- Removed: Dependance to CBA.
- BI forums
The newest SMGR version has a conflict with some other community made addons (TFAR, AGM, Safety Weapon, and some more).
So for those who wish to use the first version to use it without problem with other community content download it from here:
- AN/PNC-212 SMGR : Simple Military GPS Receiver version 1.0
Tags: No tags