This addon adds the B-1B Lancer Supersonic Bomber to your game.
It comes in 6 different base versions:
- B-1B lancer (Mk82)
- B-1B lancer (Mk84)
- B-1B lancer (GBU-24 Paveway III)
- B-1B lancer (SBD)
- B-1B lancer (GBU-32)
- B-1B lancer (JSOW)
- And many different camouflaged versions of the Mk82 version.
All of the weapons are GLT_MissileBox.
The Mk82 and Mk84 versions are unguided bombs.
The GBU-24 is laser guided.
The GBU-31, SDB and JSOW all use the GPS/INS System from GLT_MissileBox (EXPLANATION ON USAGE BELOW)
The Rockwell (now part of Boeing) B-1 Lancer is a four-engine supersonic variable-sweep wing, jet-powered strategic bomber used by the United States Air Force (USAF).
It was first envisioned in the 1960s as a supersonic bomber with Mach 2 speed, and sufficient range and payload to replace
the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress. It was developed into the B-1B, primarily a low-level penetrator with long-range and Mach 1.25 speed capability at high altitude.
Four (aircraft commander, copilot, offensive systems officer and defensive systems officer)
Payload: 125,000 lb (56,700 kg) ; internal and external ordnance combined
At altitude: Mach 1.25 (721 knots, 830 mph, 1,340 km/h at 50,000 ft/15,000 m altitude)
At low level: Mach 0.92 (700 mph (1,100 km/h) at 200–500 ft (61–152 m) altitude)
Range: 6,478 nmi (7,456 mi (11,999 km))
Combat radius: 2,993 nmi (3,445 mi (5,544 km))
Service ceiling: 60,000 ft (18,000 m)
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
- Arm Weapons
- Mark GPS Position (If GPS guided)
- Tell gunner to drop bomb if you have a gunner or use Manual Fire to drop them manually
On the JSOW, GBU-31 and SDB Versions you will have to use the GPS/INS guidance system to get bombs on target precisely.
- Click GPS/INS System options under the Addaction (scrollwheel) menu
- Find the spot you want the bomb to hit on the map and click it once.
- Click the "Mark" button on the top left side of the UI
- Point towards target and tab lock
- Drop the weapon when you have your plane facing the general area of the target and haven't gone past it yet.
You don't have to dive bomb, after you tab-lock it, you can pull up to your preferred altitude,speed and dsitance and then drop it.
Wing sweep variation:
The wings sweep just like in real life, you can have it be 2 different ways:
The automatic control lets the aircraft do all of the work, once it reaches a certain speed it will start to sweep the wings by itself and vice-versa
In the semi-automatic control version, it gives you the ability to manually sweep the wings whenever you want, even on the ground at 0 speed.
You have to bind User Action 16 (Opens the wings) and User Action 17 (Closes the wings).
You have to hold the appropriate buttons until you are happy with the wing sweep or until they reach full sweep (either negative or positive sweep)
- Some versions has bombs/missiles slightly clipping through bomb bay
- When getting out of aircraft you have to walk towards the back of the aircraft to actually go back to the ground
- Wing Sweep variation might not be broadcasting in MP (Attempted fix but not tested) (Works fine in SP)
The bisign files are missing in this release! We have asked the author to provide those as well.
Credits & Thanks:
-Original Author: Alphasim/Virtavia
-Editing/Improvements/Releaser: Giorox [AAG]
-Asked Permission to Mukcep to release it as a single addon
- Addition of 2 more flare launchers to better represent the real life counterpart (totals up to 4 flares per launch)
- Fixed position for getting in. (previously you had to look up into the aircraft, all you need to do is be under it and look at the back)
- Fixed clipping bombs through model in all variants
- Fixed a name error that would list the GBU32 variant as GBU31
- One more attempted fix at wing sweep
- Fixed some options showing up from the outside of the aircraft that aren't supposed to
- added bisign files
- first release
- BI forums
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Extra
- Community Base addons
- GLT Missilebox