LHM Static Drag
LHM Static Drag allows dragging of static weapons (editor placed or setup) to place them in a more suitable situation. Allows for raising and lowering of dragged objects for better placement.
Allows for dragging of smaller crates (optionally larger crate configs are included).
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Armaholic.com on Youtube
Editor placed mortars don't allow dragging (unless disassembled and reassembled).
While dragging use left shift + scroll wheel to adjust the height of the dragged object.
- Fixed optional crate pbo not loading correctly
- Fixed dead gunner in weapon being dragged with weapon
- Fixed required addons, fixes being unable to drag placed items.
- Russian translations (thanks NKey)
- Spanish translations (thanks Kavinsky)
- Added weight restriction to dragging of objects (prep for crates)
- Renamed functions to be more agnostic as to what is dragable.
- LHM_Static_MaxWeight variable added (default 800) for dragging weight.
- Locking of static weapons when dragging to disallow players to enter it (reverts back to old lock status when dragging stopped)
- Disassembling weapon will stop drag.
- Added mortar support (might be fragile to changes by BIS)
- Added an optional PBO (LHM_StaticDrag_Crates.pbo) that allows dragging of Box_XXX_AmmoVeh_F, XXX_supplyCrate_F crates.
- Added support for dragging of smaller crates limited by "weight"
- Fixed dragging and lowering/raising of height on a dedicated server. (I hope)
- Added variable "LHM_DisableDrag" checking if an object can be dragged or not. Example usage: crate1 setVariable ["LHM_DisableDrag", false, true];
- Fixed it to allow for initialising on non static weapons thus allowing crates to be dragged.
- Fixed broken MP
- Fixed possibility of JIP causing weapon drag variables to be reset
- Fixed being able to drag weapons with units in them (was checking for crew and not gunner)
- If unit is killed while dragging he will release the weapon.
- Fixed being able to drag weapon and get into a vehicle and have the weapon once you disembark.
- Dragging of static weapons
- Changing height of dragged weapons
- BI forums