X39s Tactical HUD gives the player a good reason to use the tactical goggles! When worn the tactical goggles are worn in combination with a GPS they will be linked together so that the current heading is displayed.
- When TacticalGoggles and GPS is worn a small HUD item will become visible which shows the rough direction (N, NNE, NE, ...) + the exact direction (0 - 359)
- AirMissions - JTACs
can use the "AirMission control device" to create missions for pilots. The JTAC(only with tactical goggles and mission is in viewDistance) and the pilot(only when pilot helmet is worn and mission is assigned) are able to see the missions on their 3D HUD
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Wiki can be found here: http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XTacticalHud
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Armaholic.com on Youtube
v1.1.0 note: XTacticalHud currently uses an unofficial version of XLib! So please take the one from the zip
- Fixed: Cannot be run without XMS2
- userconfig file (all can now be configured ingame using the modProperties dialog)
- unused functions
- Changelog layout
- init code
- updated to latest XLib version
- changed command to get heading from direction to eyeDirection* added airMissionSystem
- enlarged the default HUD text
- now also displaying grid coordinates
- rscText elements are now centered
- added userconfig file where you can set the keys for the airMission feature and enable/disable some hud elements
- first release
- BI forums