Civilian Occupation System (COS)by
Civilian Occupation System efficiently populates all towns and villages with realistic AI civilians and vehicles when needed and removes them when not needed.
- Fully automatic. Simply add COS into your mission to populate the map
- Quickly populate towns and villages with civilians, vehicles and parked cars
- Civilians act realistically and run from combat
- Add your own civilian occupation zones easily
- Blacklist towns to stop auto-population
- Dedicated for civilians. Can be used in conjunction with EOS
- Easily add your own scripts to all civilians and vehicles
Installation / Usage:
1. Copy COS folder into your mission folder
2. Open editor and place an object named SERVER
3. Copy this into the SERVER initialization box:
null= execVM "cos\cosInit.sqf";
Before proceeding add an object named server into the editor.
Open COS/AddScript_Unit.sqf to apply scripts to spawned units.
Open COS/AddScript_Vehicle.sqf to apply scripts to spawned vehicles.
To edit population of Zones open COS/cosCore.sqf.
To get Array of COS markers use _allMarkers=SERVER getvariable "COSmarkers";
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Armaholic.com on Youtube
- Aerial activation option added
- Town labels now local to players in vicinity of town (Dedicated servers)
- Fixed debug feature
- Spawn cycle efficiency is improved
- Replaced random functions with shuffle outside of loop
- Road is not removed from roadlist array in each loop
- Count gets unique road from roadlist
- Only required road positions are stored
- Added notes to scripts for reference
- COS should now be called using the Server - Game Logic (See example mission)
- Fixed COS whiteList markers
- Removed useless format operation from cosInit.sqf
- MarkerID is now unique for COS to avoid conflict with other scripts
- COS now gets marker description from Whitelist markers for COS labels
- Added Hatchbacks into COS unit pool
- Improved spawning efficiency by moving patrol script outside loop
- Patrol script is now run via ExecVM instead of function
- Several code optimisations in spawning cylce
- Blacklisted towns are removed from COS spawning
- Modular options for Pedestrians/cars/parked
- COS now sequentially spawns towns
- Set Maximum group limit for COS at any one time (If limit is hit then civilians will be placed into a single group for each town)
- COS will now exit spawn loop if player leaves during spawn
- Show town label and debug messages now work on dedicated servers
- Each towns population is pre-calculated and stored
- Each towns Near roads are pre-calculated and stored.
- Simple Patrol script uses stored near roads variable instead of generating its own
- Patrol script saved as function
- Fired-near EV script saved as function
- Groups now deleted properly
- Original Build
- BI forums