Requirements: No addons required
Playable options: N/A
Date: 2014-12-16 08:28
"Altis on Fire" is a 3 mission campaign I've developed for the Make Arma Not War Multiplayer Game Mode Contest. The three episodes follow the events that occur in June and July of 2035 when Altis' attempt to covertly research the technology to develop nuclear weapons leaks to the world. CSAT and NATO forces quickly become entangled in a quagmire on Altis where there is nowhere to hide.
Features & Notes:
- AoF missions can be played with 2-10 players, and have multiple parameters available from the role selection screen to adjust game settings including numbers if AI, AI skill level, weather, time of day, and many other options.
- Each mission is unique and has a style all it's own while AI is randomized every time leading to vastly different gameplay from session to session!
- All three AoF missions contain a lot of AI. It is highly suggested you play the mission on a dedicated server with a Headless Client if at all possible. Headless Client support is built directly into all three missions.
- For Best Gameplay, the missions should be played with all map markers turned off and at the "Veteran" or "Expert" difficulty level.
- The missions really shine when the "ACRE" radio mod is used, but it is not a requirement and the missions can be played and enjoyed without it as well.
- Mission specific gameplay information is listed in the "Gameplay Notes" of each mission briefing.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder.
Free Copy of A3 DLC Bundle for the best Altis on Fire Gameplay Video:
To kick up some excitement about my Altis on Fire entry in the Make Arma, Not War contest, I've decided to run a simple little contest, and the winner will win a copy of the Arma 3 DLC Bundle!
Simply record you and your friends playing any of the Altis on Fire missions, publish the video to YouTube and the best video will get a copy of the A3 DLC bundle. I've posted up all the details in the main AoF thread on the BI forums.
We've submitted the mission pack to the "Make Arma, Not War" contest, so please support us at the contest entry page!
Credits & thanks:
- Thanks to all those supported my own mission making efforts through the forums, Skype channels and various other avenues as well as the community contributors and great scripts that were used in Altis on Fire:
- AI Spawn Script Pack by spunFin
- Civilian Vehicle Spawn by Zealot
- Enemy Occupation System (EoS) by BangaBob
- MAD Ambient Life by MAD T
- Headless Client AutoDetect Script by elec
- Repetitive Cleanup Script by Aeroson
- SLP Spawning Script by Nomadd
- Taskmaster/moveObjects/Random Position Scripts by Shuko
- Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) by Tonic
- Also, lot's of direct coding help and support from NeoArmageddon & spunFin
- Also special thanks to a great batch of playtesters that helped motivate me along the way to make bigger and better missions, all while having a blast playing:
- Dodgy Moustache
- La Gran We
- Ninja Monkey
- BI forums
Tags: No tags