released an updated version of his Civilian Occupation System script
on the BI forums
Civilian Occupation System efficiently populates all towns and villagers with realistic AI civilians and vehicles when needed and removes them when not needed.
- Fully automatic. Simply add COS into your mission to populate the map
- Quickly populate towns and villages with civilians, vehicles and parked cars
- Civilians act realistically and run from combat
- Add your own civilian occupation zones easily
- Blacklist towns to stop auto-population
- Dedicated for civilians. Can be used in conjunction with EOS
- Easily add your own scripts to all civilians and vehicles
This update makes COS less intensive during the spawning loop and i have added a new option (Aerial activation). This feature prevents units above 50m from activating COS zones when enabled.
Call COS from the SERVER object initialization box (editor) if you are uncomfortable with scripting.
Finally, I have commented the COS scripts for fellow scriptwriters to read and understand.
- Aerial activation option added
- Town labels now local to players in vicinity of town
- Fixed debug feature
- Spawn cycle efficiency is improved
- Replaced random functions with shuffle outside of loop
- Road is not removed from roadlist array in each loop
- Count gets unique road from roadlist
- Only required road positions are stored
- Added notes to scripts for reference
- COS should now be called using the Server - Game Logic