Grimes' Building Occupation Scriptby
The Grimes Building Occupation Script provides the ArmA 3 mission maker an extremely simple way to occupy a set of buildings within a radius with a random or fixed amount of AI (of any faction, including civilian), both chosen by the maker and limited by the number of official position inside the building. The spawned AI will fight back as a group, and can be easily manipulated further by adding lines in the right spot in this script. This script can be utilized in many ways, examples including but not limited to:
* Filler - Have a mission where a squad goes from A to C and you want non-mission critical AI at B? Use this script!
* Random Objective - Want to have 3 AI at C that could be ANYWHERE between dozens, hundreds of buildings? Use this script!
* Boredom Fixer - Want a quick CQB practice? Use this script!
This package includes an application of the script, in debug mode, as part of an example mission.
This README is intended to provide detailed information as to the purpose, function, FAQs, and minor troubleshooting for this script in addition to installation, uninstallation, and maintenance tips. For further information or specifics in the code, the user should read the comments to the code within the script files.
Installation / Usage:
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Grimes' Building Occupation Script please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
This update contains significant bug fixes, optimizations, and otherwise improves performance or makes change that provide for intended performance. Building randomization is working again, invalid spawns are no longer an issue, random numbers are calculated correctly, group limit increased to 288 per side, resistance and civilians spawn correctly, and the documentation is greatly improved.
- Major changes that require the attention of mission makers! You MUST re-read the param info, as the values have changed slightly (functionality added, nothing removed).
- Added: Param to limit the number of groups. (thanks Katipo66)
- Added: Now supports Civilians. Reminder: This script isn't necessarily for enemies only!
- Added: Param providing the option for the script to run through buildings in order of distance or at random (originally was only by order of distance).
- Fixed: Possible non-critical errors when not in debug mode.
- Changed: Changed markers for spawned units from Objective to Dot for sake of space (thanks Günter Severloh)
- first release
- BI forums