This script is designed for use on hostage/HVT capture missions. Tested on local machines AND dedicated servers. I made it for a "Black Hawk Down" style mission for use by MSOG, but figured it may have some use for others.
Installation / Usage:
Place scripts in the mission folder and add in the init line of the HVT(s):
this addaction["<t color='#FF0000'>Move HVT</t>","grab.sqf",nil,1,false,true,"","((_target distance _this)<2"];
- Grab the HVT: Use the action on the HVT and you will be able to keep him attached tight to your 9 o'clock. You will still have access to your weapons while moving the HVT.
- Stance matching: HVT will attempt to match your stance. Need to hit the deck? HVT will too!
- Release HVT: Simply use action and HVT will be released.
- Vehicle integration: Get into a vehicle with the HVT attached and he will get into cargo with you (if there is room). At this point, he joins your squad and may be ordered out. You may then grab him again.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
-HVT does not play correct movement animations (Feature: He's been given roller skates!). If you have a practical way to fix this please let me know!
-HVT does not collide properly with walls/terrain. If you have a practical way to fix this please let me know!
-HVT sometimes fails to match crouching stance. If you have a practical way to fix this please let me know!
- This will not be updated at regular intervals.
- I may post updates for new identified issues and as required for missions I design in the future.
- Feel free to request features, but don't expect much.
I release this under the Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)
- HVT leaves group upon release
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3