This is the Squad system I made for ARMA 3.
- Join any player, who is on your side (join to AI is not possible, but you can have them in your squad)
- Kick any player in your squad
- Send invitation to another player
- Create password for your squad
- You can leave your current squad
- Pop-up messages, when you hover the mouse over the player in the Squad-list (Rank, size of squad, allowed or prohibited invitations)
- Editable variables
- Messages for players
- Script will automatically find you in the list
- User friendly UI
Installation / Usage:
Download the example mission.
1. If you have file 'Init.sqf' already in your mission, then copy from my init.sqf line: execVM "JTS_SQUAD\Functions.sqf"; and add it to your init.sqf. Otherwise - just copy the init.sqf to your mission.
2. If you have already Description.ext - copy the line: #include "JTS_SQUAD\SQ-1.hpp" and add it to your description.ext (Don't forget the rules if you write #include). Otherwise just copy the Description.ext to your mission.
3. Copy the folder 'JTS_SQUAD' into your mission
4.You can adjust the script. Open file 'Functions.sqf' located in \JTS_SQUAD\. You will see the editable variables. Change them on your own.
// EDITABLE VARIABLES (BEGIN)
JTS_SquadSize = 5; - The maximum size of the units in 1 squad. Don't write values lower than 3 and more than 50
JTS_PROHIBIT_INVITES = 0; - 0 means, that invitations are allowed on mission-start. 1 - not allowed on mission-start
JTS_RND_PASS = 0; - if 0, every player on mission-start will not have any password. If 1 - random password will be created for every player on mission-start.
// EDITABLE VARIABLES (END)
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel.
- Attention! This script removes automatically a unit from your squad, if you have more units than the variable JTS_SquadSize.
- There are some issues with colors on screenshots. In game, it's all ok
Credits & Thanks:
Script was tested by: JTS (me), Urban
You are allowed to use this in your mission, but you are NOT allowed to:
1. Change it
2. Publish it from your name
3. Change it/Publish it from your name
You are allowed to change the colors of UI. Also you are allowed to change the icons too
- Fixed error 'colorDisabled' in SQ-1.hpp
- Added lower priority to the action in action menu. 'Squad menu'
- Improved security
- first release
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums