Grumman C-1A Trader
The Grumman C-1 Trader is a carrier onboard delivery (COD) variant of the Grumman S-2 Tracker. The C-1 was outfitted to carry nine passengers or 4,800 pounds (2,400 kg) of cargo and first flew in January 1955. Throughout the 1960s and 1970s the C-1 Trader carried mail and supplies to aircraft carriers on station in the Pacific Ocean during the Vietnam War and also served as a trainer for all-weather carrier operations. Over its production life 83 C-1 Traders were built. The last C-1 was retired from USN service in 1988.
In ARMA2 it can supplement other carrier-based aircrafts giving possibility to fly cargo/soldier transport missions from/to aircraft carrier or land bases. It might be used as a two-seater trainer in Navy pilot training or in a SP campaign. There is also static wreck included and the addon has numerous hide-type animations for cutscenes or MMs purposes.
- two flyable variants of the Trader and static one (wreckage):
- 6 liveries of US Navy squadrons
- 72 real crew memers tags included (switchable)
- custom sound of real radial engines
- compatible with ACE2, UNSUNG Mod and JDOG’s USS Nimitz ver. 0.93
- numerous animations and effects, to include: cockpit levers, tailhook, side doors, sound and visual effects of raining, stall effects, wings folding, exhaust with smoke effect and more
- primary flight instruments working
- optional script giving a crew of the aircraft a chance for bailing out after destruction of the aircraft
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
- blurred rotor textures are visible all the time
- the aircraft can fly with folded wings,
- the aircraft starts with gear retracted, it deploys it in 4.5 secs whenever it starts on ground/deck
- if you not follow the CAT procedure written down in readme, you might crash during CAT launch from Nimitz
Credits & Thanks:
- Milton Shupe for original model and given permission for conversion (thanks!)
- Slideroy – script of raining effects - OFrP – script of vapour and wing trails effects
- JDOG – USS Nimitz and his great functionality
- eggbeast, hcpookie, Sav, sv5000, Wolfgang Wapler, Claudio Coscia – for motivating me to work on this addon and help
- Ared – script of „life after life”
- UNSUNG, P85 and CWR2 mods developer teams as the addon is in support of their magnificent work
The addon was made by me through conversion of FSX model by Milton Shupe as well as work of others (two additional camouflages of the model). The addon was created for use in Arma 2 OA game only and is provided "as-is", however it should also work on vanilla A2OA and UNSUNG mod. It is compatible with ACE mod as well.
The model, sounds and textures of the addon are released under CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license.
The addon’s config and scripts are covered by CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license: The description of these licenses are here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
The addon must be distributed as a whole package, including this readme. If you want to use any part of the addon covered by CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license, please get written permissions from me and appropriate authors. I, and all authors involved, are not responsible in any way for damage this addon may cause to your computer and yourself, especially we are not responsible for any physical and psychological illnesses you may come down with while playing this addon. If you do not agree with above terms of usage, please do not download the addon or just delete it from your computer if you had already downloaded it.
- working dampers added
- „ejection” script removed
- exhaust smoke removed
- rain effect sounds removed
- LandContact LOD points changed
- you can put cargo/ammo boxes to C-1 CARGO variant only (ACE2 feature)
- unused sounds from \SOUNDS folder removed
- crew nametags paint kit added to \Documents folder
- lack of catapult's steam during CAT launch on Nimitz
- missing textures/sounds calls
- first release
- BI forums