Short description: This addon add's MTP uniforms similar to the standard issue uniforms of the British Army.
Date: 2014-08-11 17:37
I originally created this addon for my Arma 3 community but after a couple of requests I decided I'd release it publicly once finished. The addon add's MTP uniforms similar to the standard issue uniforms of the British Army. Included is 5 variants, a uniforms with sleeves rolled up, uniforms with sleeves rolled down. Brown and Tan T-shirt's with MTP trousers and Medic Uniforms. (All versions (except the T-Shirts) are equipped with the standard issue Oakley gloves. There are 10 variations of each uniform. Included units are listed below with the intention of more elements being added in the future. Note: this addon doesn't include stuff like body armour and helmets. For this I highly recommend StalkerGB's British Infantry.
-16 Air Assault Brigade HQ
-16 Close Support Medical Regiment
-D Sqn Household Cavalry Regiment
-216 Parachute Signals Squadron
-7 Royal Horse Artillery
-No. 2 Squadron RAF Regiment
(more to follow)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
All classnames can now be found in the included readme.
- Parachute wings still mirror on long sleeve uniforms (Unknown reason)
Add more uniform types such as T-shirts, coats and versions without gloves etc. Also planning to add face camouflage, hats and even some rather patriotic tattoos.
Credits & Thanks:
- Craig (author of SP Pack) for allowing me to use some things from his UK Pack.
- antoineflemming for allowing me to edit one of his camouflage textures.
- 16AA community for extensive testing. ( http://www.16aa.net/ )
- BI Forum members for their useful feedback/information.
- Bohemia Interactive for the wonderful game.
- Fixed units not being able to be placed in the editor
- Added Woolly Pully
- Removed many unwanted classnames
- Removed many identical UI pictures
- Possibly fixed crashing issue with LEA
- Added MTP Jacket
- Added Royal Military Police uniform
- Added Royal Marines uniform
- Added Royal Engineers uniform
- Added 1 Royal Irish uniform
- Added 1 Royal Welsh Uniform
- Added Royal Regiment of Scotland uniform
- Added Royal Artillery uniform
- Added Pathfinder Group uniform
- Added Snugpak Softie's (Green/Tan)
- Added RAF overalls (Green/Tan)
- Added Royal Marines T-Shirt
- Fixed FST flash (Thanks to mihikle)
- Removed 16AA badge from units not part of the brigade.
- Removed duplicate files (many image files removed)
- Changed UI pictures
- Changed descriptions
- Added additional T-Shirt uniforms (Brown and Tan).
- Added Medic uniform
- Removed dependency for SP_Pack (may add additional uniforms in a separate PBO that require SP Pack at a later date).
- Removed many image files that we're duplicates or not being used at all.
- Fixed thermal signatures for units.
- Fixed a couple of RPT errors.
- Added uniforms with DZ Flashes of various different units in the British Army and RAF. (More will be added for version 1.2).
- first release
- BI forums
Recommended but not required:
- [page=22548]British Infantry[/page]