From the end of the 1990s, it became clear to the United States Marine Corps and Army that the current fleet of M939 / M929 vehicles would be insufficient for the next millenium of warfare. The aging fleet of vehicles had excellent reliability, albeit they were rapidly becoming obsolete and lacked most modern features needed. This spurred two independent development programs; the Army established the FMTV or Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles, while the Marine Corps established the MTVR or Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement.
This modification adds a variety of MTVR's used by the United States Marine Corps. The Variants included are the:
- Mk. 23 MTVR with Armor Protection Kit, M2HB MHG and Armored Troop Compartment
- Mk. 23 MTVR "Deployment" Variant. This has features not originally equipped but used by Marines on deployment such as extra water Jerrys, VS Identification, IR Identification panels and additional armor including roof and a gunners shield
- Mk. 23 MTVR "Deployment" Tan - Painted with NATO Tan for desert arid environments.
- Mk. 27 MTVR an extended variant used by the U.S. Navy Seabees for transporting supplies. Since Arma 3 has no use for this, my version is modified with troop seats for massive troop lift capability.
- Mk. 27 MTVR Covered, a similar variant with a cover on the cargo area for troop lift.
- 4x4 Short Bed Cargo, a small agile vehicle that carries 7 troops. Not in use by the USMC currently.
- 8 Ton LHS, Fuel, a 8 Ton MTVR With Load Handling System. Loaded with two SIXCON Fuel containers.
- 16 Ton LHS, Ammo/Repair, a 16 Ton, 8x8 MTVR With a Conex that performs re-supply and repair.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
To find the vehicles, they can be located under EMPTY - DAR - MTVR
In the future there may be some crewed versions for AI usage.
DAR_MK23 - Mk. 23 Unarmed
DAR_MK23A - Mk. 23, APK, Armed (M2HB)
DAR_MK23AD - Mk. 23, APK, Armed, Deployment Variant (M2HB)
DAR_MK23ADT - Mk. 23, APK, Armed, Deployment Variant (M2HB) Tan
DAR_MK27 - Mk. 27 Unarmed
DAR_MK27T - Mk. 27 Unarmed, Covered
DAR_4x4 - Short Bed 4x4 Cargo
DAR_LHS_8 - LHS 8Ton (Fuel)
DAR_LHS_16 - LHS 16Ton (Repair, Rearm)
As you know, I did the MTVR , HMMWV, and MaxxPro MRAP mods for A3, which were quite nice, but all have a few issues, mostly physx and damage related.
No, I didn't abandon these mods, But I have no time to work on them anymore. But I am far from gone. I was graciously asked to do 3d assets for the RHS: Escalation mod, which is rather time consuming, plus university and work. So, because coding was never my strong point, I'm releasing the full, textured, working, unbinarized versions of these models to the community. You can add new variants, fix the issues, see how I made them etc etc. Most of the content is BIS property; the armor kits are mine, but free to use. The Maxxpro is a combo of original modeling and Naman's old model, although not much remains.
So, thank you everyone and hopefully someone eager can improve these even more.
Download the source files from here:
Some Spedometers not functional
Released under the Arma Public License.
v0.9 - Update 4
- Fixed: Physics
- Fixed: Gunner on 8Ton LHS
- Added: Penetration values for Fire GEO LOD
v0.8 - Update 3
- Fixed the size of the LHS 6x6 SIXCON
- Fixed Phys-X issue with all variants
v0.7 - Update 2
- Added Fuel LHS 8 Ton (SIXCON)
- Added Repair/Rearm LHS 16 Ton
- Added NATO Desert Mk. 23 Deployment Variant
v0.6 - Update 1
- Fixed: Can now sit in the cab in unarmed variants
- Tail lights improved
- Sounds improved
- Fixed: Mk. 23 Unarmed APK position fixed
- You can now grip the steering wheel with both hands, both hands now move with the wheel
- Editor Icon fixed
- AI Crewed Variants are now under WEST\NATO\DAR MTVR
- Short bed version back proxy no longer cuts through the rear gate
- BI forums