Start your engines - this is Arma 3 Karts! When we unveiled our 2014 April Fools joke via the Splendid Split parody video, some of you were quite keen for us to release the go-karts package for real. And here it is, for everyone to try. Enjoy this little sidestep in our typically military sandbox!
This adds a 20hp 4-stroke engine go-kart with four unique liveries and one random color variant.
- Kart - A 20hp 4-stroke engine go-kart with four unique liveries and one random color variant
- Racer - Matching race drivers wearing dedicated race helmets
- Marshal - A racetrack safety coordinator
- Starter Pistol - This special revolver is used to signal the start of races and fires signaling flares
- Race Objects - Various (plastic) barriers used to build racetracks
- Time Trials - A new form of singleplayer Challenges delivered in 5 Karts Check Point races against the clock
- Zeus Race & Modules - Special modules to build Check Point races, and pre-set races to jump straight into the multiplayer action
A portion of the proceeds from the sales of the Arma 3 Karts DLC will be donated to the Czech Red Cross. The total amount raised will be announced on http://www.bistudio.com
in June 2014.
Before rolling out the first proper military DLC, the Arma 3 Karts DLC helps to test a new approach to premium content - one which aims to prevent a split in the Arma 3 multiplayer community. Find out more
At this point, the DLC can be purchased via the BI Store
, through Steam
, or directly from in game
. Depending upon if you've purchased it or not, you'll encounter differences right from the main menu. To explain further, let's take a look at two cases:
- You launch the game and see an icon at the bottom the main menu, indicating that the Helicopters DLC is installed and owned.
- Clicking on the icon will open the Field Manual to the Helicopters DLC records.
- The helicopter is available as you would expect in the editor, along with the official scenarios, and multiplayer - have fun!
Afterwards, you join a multiplayer server that uses the MP scenario (or any custom mission including the helicopter):
- You launch the game and see an icon in the top left of the main menu, indicating that the Helicopters DLC is available.
- You could purchase the DLC right there and then, but choose to continue to play on as normal.
- The helicopter is available to try out in the editor, but the SP scenario is locked.- The longer you actively use it, the more prominent the premium content notifications become.
- You can use the helicopter with some restrictions (e.g. you can only board the helicopter as a passenger).
- You can join as normal.
Again, you experience the progressive DLC notifications and restrictions.
Since you've really enjoyed the helicopter so far(!), you decide to buy it in-game directly.
- The limitations and notifications are immediately removed.
- We display a confirmation note - thank you!