Simple thing, it adds animations when attaching (mounting) or detaching (dismounting) rifle items such as scopes and silencers in order to make gameplay a little bit more realistic.
Also, it prevents people from swapping around stuff in no time.
Warning: Will only work with the next A3 platform update (1.42) that will be released today!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
• The feature only works for rifles/primary weapons since there are no animations for pistols
Credits & Thanks:
Janus for the previous help with stuff and stuff
Tajin and the other guys from my Thread in the editing section
- Binarized correctly
Fixed: No sound will play if the player dies
• Completely rewritten from scratch
• MOUNT now has to run on the server as well!
• MOUNT is now compatible with any item addOn that swaps attachments on the fly
• Animations will play in full length
• All actions got sounds
• Items that are picked up with the action menu won't be automatically attached to your rifle
• All issues regarding duplicating items should be solved
-Virtual Arsenal Compatibility
- BW Mod optics attachments compatibility
- Added BW Mod LLM01 compatibility
- You now have to dismount an attachment before you're able to mount another one on the same slot
- The mod is now using appropriate animations for mounting/ dismounting silencers
- ASDG Attachments compatibility - You no longer mount an ASDG bipod again when deploying it
- Minor tweaks
- Prone Fix, players won't get stuck in prone position anymore (auto-crouching)
- disabled serialization
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3