Date: 2014-06-26 08:49
I really miss some fundamental features in Arma III and decided to make the short Titan launcher to be able to do Topdown Attacks. I'm started with this addon at the begining of June and now I'm like to share my work with the community.
- You are now able to switch between direkt and topdownmode.
- You are able to lockon ships, cars, tanks, infantry and helos.
- Minimal attackRange -> directMode: 10 meters -> topDownMode: 65 meters
- Maximal attackRange -> 2500 meters
- Added display for targetdistance
- When no target is locked the rocket is wireguided (like in Vanilla ArmA III)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
The default keys to switch between direkt and topdown mode : Tab.
You can change the Key in the userconfig.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
Xeno - For many years of help with script and locality problems
L etranger - For the init.sqf initialization method for addons
Killzone Kid - For his great tutorials on his blog, which is a good help
Mr Burns - For permanent high sophisticated ideas since years
Cultivator - For always ready to be my crash-test-dummy nr.1
Armed-Assault.de Crew - For many great ArmA moments in the last years
BIS - For ArmA3
This Content was made by Moerderhoschi which will be mentioned as author in this license. All Material made by the author and released with this addon will be mentioned as content in this license.
- You are allowed to distribute this content in its original released state by the author.
- You are allowed to use this content in the Game ArmA 3 in its original released state by the author.
- You are allowed to modify this content for your own personal use.
- You are allowed to implement this addon in a addonpackage, but you have to credit the author in a way that it is clear that he is the creator for this content.
- You are not allowed to use this content for commercial use.
- You are not allowed to use this for military use.
- You are not allowed to upload the content into the Steam Workshop.
- You are not allowed to modify and redistribute this content when the original author isn't mentioned.
for any further querstions you can contact the author, Moerderhoschi, in the original Bohemia Interactive Forum.
- fixed massive .rpt errors
- fixed long loading time when mod is activated
- fixed extreme long lockon time one some systems
- fixed icons on wrong position when other aspect ratio than 16:10 is used
- fixed conflicts with/disables other mods
- Initiale release
- BI forums