Date: 2015-04-11 08:55
"Climb" adds climbing and descending functionality to the game.
You can climb by double-tapping a key you specify in the CBA keybindings (Default is C, can be found under controls -> Configure Addons).
"Climb" isn't meant to turn ArmA into a free-running paradise and I therefore tried to keep the climbing as realistic/ reasonable as possible.
You are also able to help other players up and down!
A small summary:
• Climb by double-tapping the key you specify in the CBA keybindings menu
• Descend by double tapping the climb key on a ledge
• Offer someone help by double-tapping the climb key
• The maximum height you're able to climb is based on your current weight load
• Climbing will increase your fatigue, also based on your current load (That said, it's very exhausting anyway )
• You won't be able to climb very high with a launcher on your back, however you can throw it over/on top of the obstacle!
• You won't be able to climb at all in case you're too heavy-loaded
• You won't be able to climb if you're too injured
The climbing/descending and helping aren't pretty but do their job surprisingly well.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
• You and the other player might get stuck when helping eachother up. This is because the mod waits for the both of you to be in reasonable stances and that part might be a bit unreliable.
Make sure that the helper is crouching and the helped player is standing in case you get stuck.
Credits & Thanks:
Kerc Kasha for helping me out with the key-overwriting issue!
[W] Tadome and [W] Twisted for sacrificing their patience during endless testing sessions.
You are free to
• unpbo the mod
• use parts of the code in own projects as long as you give me credits
• send me feedback/ ideas! (Oh yes you are!
You are, however, _NOT_ allowed to edit this mod and re-release it. If you'd like to do that or if you think you improved the mod, contact me and i'll very likely implement your changes.
• Updated for the new CBA keybinding
• Correctly binarized
• Userconfig can now be removed!
• Fixed some ASL stuff
- ADDED: Ability to drop down from ledges
- ADDED: Ability to help others down from greater heights (so they don't injure themselves)
- CHANGED: The keybinding is now handled via the CBA keybinding system. The userconfig therefore becomes obsolete!
- Fixed: General code and performance cleanup
- Fixed: Launchers will be correctly thrown when above water
- Players shouldn't get hurt anymore when being pushed over a wall
- Fixed the 1.25 bug of not being able to help eachother
- No animation slowdown by fatigue anymore
- Pulling another player up won't cause him to get stuck anymore. Enjoy your full mutual support!
- Everything should work on a dedicated server now (Thanks to Sitrepo and SENSEII for pointing this out!)
- Improved player detection so that only players in front of you will get a request
- You now can help other players by either pushing them up when you're on the same level
or pulling them up when you're higher than them. Do so by looking at the player and double-tapping
the climb key
- You now can throw your launcher over the obstacle in order to be able to climb
- You now can climb over/on small obstacles even when carrying a launcher
- You must not hold shift anymore thanks to Kerc Kasha! By default, double-tapping
the climbing key is enough, but you can now define if you'd still like to press
shift in the userconfig
- Fixed some smaller issues
- Changed the way the mod works a bit
- Key overwriting workaround
- You now have to press SHIFT + double-tap the climb key
- You no longer can climb while being very exhausted
- Initial Release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3
Tags: No tags