Date: 2019-05-02 16:54
FN FAL, right arm of the free world, designed by the late Diuedonne Saive for Fabrique Nationale in the 1950s. The FAL largely was considered a hit, with the British Commonwealth adopting or manufacturing variants (generally known as the SLR), Brazil, Austria and adopting it as main infantry rifles, and swathes of small contract purchases thoughout it’s lifetime. IMBEL continues production of the FAL to this day, effectively unchanged from it’s original configuration alongside variants that modernise the platform, and in the civilian realm DS Arms produces FAL and SLR builds for the shooter that range from the mundane SLR to Dedicated marksman platforms and the peculiar OSW.
The SLR in here was actually one of the first things I tried my hand at in Arma modding. No joke I have images from 2 weeks post launch of the Alpha with the SLR in. Kind of pleased with how far even a year brings all this along.
14 FAL rifles, both Metric and Imperial Patterns
2 dedicated scopes for the rifle system, 1 unique to the platform
To install the NIArms FAL Rifles you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage and information instructionss of how to use HLC FAL please refer to the included documentation.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Armaholic.com on Youtube
Credits & Thanks:
Bohemia Interactive- Arma2 Sample resources(Meshes, Sounds, RVMATs, Textures), some script lines.(FAL PARA, AN/PVS4, GL Quadrant)
Pete - SLR MLODs
Millennia - STG58 Textures
Acid_snake - LAR Foregrip textures
Enron - Textures
Tigg - M203 Mesh and textures
Toadie- Scripting, configs, all LODs bar primary MLODs, Sounds, Material Ports, Animation(OSW), Texture Edits
Clifton Vlodhammer - Animation (main FAL animation)
The HLC/SHARBSE crew for being awesome, tolerant of oddities and allround rad blokes
Kerc Kasha, for answering all my awkward hour config and scripting questions and basicly firing me up to work on Arma stuff.
Kiory , for working out the 3DS-Oxygen Pipeline. We may have FBX now, but I find .3ds somehow more comforting still.
"CliffyV" - The FAL IS the best rifle. And you should totally do more Commonwealth shit for Arma man.
SV98- Kudos for the testing.
- Implemented XML Stringtables
- Japanese Language String Translation (Credit: ClassicArma)
- French Language String Translation (Credit: StalkerSoC)
- Implemented MagzineWells, Compatible with JAM
- Replaced M203 and Quadrant sight on OSW with M203-2003 and NICO ladder sight.
- Implemented RHS Grip support to OSW
- Implemented Magazine Proxies- works on all FALs.
- Implemented Charms
- Rescaled OSW
- Reanimated OSW
- Soundshader Volume Relevelling
- Weapons use new Muzzleflashes.
- Weapon inventory icons now use New system
- all mass values recalculated to unified standard.
- Corrections to fireselector animation on all full auto FALS
- Support to magswitch function on all Weapons
- Soundshader/Soundset changes:
+ Occlusion and Obstruction issues fixed (Gunshots no longer occluded by an A4 sheet held to face)
+ Midrange Gunshots tweaked
+ Tail volumes improved
+ Minor sound volume tweaks across the board
- General AI Behaviour improvements.
- FAL config trimming, AI usage, inertia (Credit: Robalo)
- Changed Ammobox model
- Add FAL weaponholders (Credit: Robalo)
- Side Attachment proxy positions corrected:
Animated Zeroing corrected:
- Ranging reduced on all FALs down to real-world counterparts (200-700m)
- Barrel memory points adjusted
- GL Animations Added to hlc_rifle_osw_GL
- Zeroing adjustments finetuned on hlc_rifle_osw_GL
- Implemented Hiddenselections on all weapons
- added: hlc_rifle_FAL5000_RH (FAL 50.00 w/ Rhodesian Rattle-can camo)
- Whitespacing formatting conformed (Credit: YoursTruly)
- JR attachment slots cleanup(Credit: Robalo)
- Fixed: ItemInfo and WeaponsSlotsInfo errors (credit YoursTruly)
- Magazine external dependencies fix- dependency on hlc_wp_Aug fromaved from magazines
- Added IRDIM Tracer Magazines
- Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
- Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
- Arsenal Icons implemented
- Grenade sight accuracy improved(all). Should hit more or less Bang on for respective zeroings.
- Removed redundant inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
- Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
- General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.
- hlc_rifle_osw_GL no longer accepts bipod
- Displayname corrected:
SOME INHERITANCIES HAVE BEEN ALTERED. IF YOU HAVE REFERRED TO CLASSES IN THIS PACK, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK class CHILD : PARENT RELATIONSHIPS
- magazineReloadSwitchPhase added to FAL base class
- made Supplybox "Zeus Discoverable"
- Added Zeus spawnable individual weapons.
- adjustment to the gunshot tails volume, should be less overt.
- ShadowLOD mesh optimisations (all)
- moved deploypivot for all weapons without bipods to under the magazine (because muh gameplays)
OPTIONAL CONTENT NOW INCLUDED-
- RHS Compatibility
- ACE3 Compatibility (HuntIR rounds specifically)
- CUP Compatibility
(RHS and CUP Compat may or may not work together,depending on your mod setup. Source provided if you wish to build your own)
- DSA SA58+GL no longer can mount Bipods.
- All FALs support ASDG_Jointrails-enabled muzzle devices.
- Added ACE3 Ballistic Data(Credit- Ruthberg)
- Added Unique Meshes to magazines (excpetion being X-FAL- No mesh yet)
- All weapons made compatible with V1.42 engine update (deploy pivot points added, make limited use of new "tails" sound system where possible)
- Attachable bipod functionality added to - SA58 OSW
- Added Aim-over-the-top and day/night filter modes to PVS4,and AOTT to SUIT
- Added mk316 and Barrier Ball magazine loads for G3
- Altered Inheritance of suppressors.
- Added support for Advanced Ballistics mod (by, and with values provided by, Ruthberg, BIG thanks to you for that, mate)
- Altered Inheritance of suppressors.
- Hitboxes and related GeometryLOD materials updated on all weapons
- FAL Suppressor No longer dampens ballistics or damage
- hlc_20Rnd_762x51_S_fal now uses custom .308 Subsonic round
- Most RVMATs specular value decresed slightly
- Added New Icon for X-FAL magazine
- fix for the new Bootcamp update
- first release
- NIArms Core
- Community Base Addons A3
- BI forums