Requirements: No addons required
Short description: This modpack adds new units and textures to the game.
Date: 2014-07-19 12:34
This mod contains the new ATACS camouflage (AU and FG) which I have used to retexture BLUFOR units and vehicles, I have worked weeks on end making this, I have just started coding which is the main cause for the amount of time it has taking me to create the mod.
What is ATACS?
Currently deployed with various Tactical Professionals, Law Enforcement and Special Operations personnel in a wide array of hotspots around the globe in a relatively short time, A-TACS Camo has become one of the most trusted “go-to” force protection and concealment systems on the planet. A-TACS Camo patterns are designed for maximum effectiveness in the widest possible range of operational environments worldwide. We simply don’t subscribe to the “one pattern fits all” approach. We developed our patterns to perform in climatic zones–containing either arid and urban climates or, green temperate climates.
While our patterns are digital in nature, we do not use square pixels, rectangles or other un-natural geometric shapes in the design of our patterns. Square pixels do not replicate the shapes, forms and shadows of most of the environments they are deployed in-especially when viewed through optics. The ninety-degree angles and limited use of natural colors can, in many cases make detection easier. Small, busy square digital or fractal geometry patterns also tend to close-up producing a “blobbing” effect that betrays the wearer when viewed from a distance. A-TACS Camo addresses and improves these critical issues in three ways.
- Adds new futuristic camouflage patterns to enhance your chances of not being spotted.
- Matches almost every terrain
- High Quality
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Please report any errors or suggestions to me through personal message, the mod will be constantly updated.
I am taking requests from anyone through pm!
Credits & Thanks:
Lt Col C.O'Neil - Configs
Crazyjoe567 - Configs [Editing]
ATACS - Camouflage
Armaholic Community - Textures
If I missed you send me a PM and you will be added.
- Added: USA Team Leader [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain/Night] ///Requested By Jonathon Plott
- Added: USA Heavy Chest Rig [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain/Night] ///'Murica Meme Design
- BLUFOR Recon Team Leader [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain/Night]
- Boonie Hat [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain/Night]
- Combat Uniform [ATACS-Night]
- Helmet [ATACS-Night]
- Heavy Carrier Rig [ATACS-Night]
- HEMMT Transport [ATACS-Night]
- Kuma Tank [ATACS-Night]
- PO-30 Orca [ATACS-Night]
- CH-49 [ATACS-Night]
- Hunter Transport [ATACS-Night]
- Hunter GMG [ATACS-Night]
- Hunter HMG [ATACS-Night]
- BLUFOR Rifleman to BLUFOR Fire Team Leader [ATACS-Night]
- HEMMT Transport [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain]
- Hunter Transport [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain]
- Hunter GMG [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain]
- Hunter HMG [ATACS-AU/FG/Mountain]
- CH-49 [ATACS-FG]
- BLUFOR Rifleman [ATACS-Mountain]
- Kuma Tank [ATACS-Mountain]
- Zamak Transport Covered [ATACS-Mountain]
- Zamak Transport Uncovered [ATACS-Mountain]
- Zamak Fuel [ATACS-Mountain]
- CH-49 [ATACS-Mountain]
- Orca Transport [ATACS-Mountain]
- Orca Armed [ATACS-Mountain]
- Hunter Transport [ATACS-Mountain]
- Hunter GMG [ATACS-Mountain]
- Hunter HMG [ATACS-Mountain]
- CH-49 [ATACS-AU/FG]
- Added Zamak in ATACS-AU/FG
- Added CH-49 in ATACS-AU/FG
- Added KA-60 in ATACS-AU/FG
- Added Kuma in ATACS-AU/FG
- Added Soldiers in ATACS-AU/FG
- Armaholic forums