informed us he released an updated version of the LAV-25
, which he ported from Arma 2, on the Armaholic forums
Quote Chairborne :
I spared some time to work on this beast.
The most relevant change was new woodland textures to replace the old standard BIS ones.
They're not god-tier quality but i'm happy enough for now.
Next, some complained about the high loss of details over distance, i tried to change that a bit but i'm afraid it's just how the engine works and there's no way to improve details from afar without sacrificing performance.
If you notice any major performance issues please let me know.
I also did some other minor changes here and there, added sling load capability (even though the game has no helicopter capable of lifting them).
Finally, i changed how the editor menu displays them, AKA it's a copy of the old A2 style faction.
You can read the rest in the changelog.
- Detail improvements over distance
- Driver now has the magic radar/compass again
- Tweaked exhaust smoke
- Commander M240 now has muzzle flash
- Commander now sits at correct height
- Commander M240 max zoom reduced
- Commander M240 now has proper zeroing
- Changed editor menu layout
- Toned down hull reflections
- New woodland textures
- Added sling loading functionality