Requirements: No addons required
Short description: Here you have a very small mod which increases the realism when driving the FV510.
Date: 2014-07-12 00:25
Here you have a very small mod (6kb) which increases the realism when driving the FV510.
The upgrades made are the following:
- Added a 4 Speed Automatic gearbox with gear ratios of 2.2,1.6,1.1 and 0.9
- Max road speed of 75KPH
- increased Gear selection speed by 0.2sec to 0.3
- Increased FV510 Turning circle
- Weight of FV510 is now a total of 25400KG
- Accurate Suspension settings according to: 0,4*2*sqrt(springStrength*sprungMass) and sprungMass*5,0*5,0
- "Turbo Key" Removed, 100% Throttle from Go, no random 85% unless you hit the "Turbo Key"
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
A few problems I ran into:
-Tank Suspension not acting realistically (If strong bump causes tank to almost completely stop)
- It appears there is a BIS bug, When turned out there is a different turning tightness than when Turned in and a different one yet when in 3rd person.
If anyone Would like to help get these solved or fixed then Pm me I would be very greatfull!
- Restored Engine power that for some reason died during the update.
- Fixed big bug with wheels making Static weapons not load in game. (weird I know)
- Removed "Class Wheels" for now until I figure out a few more things.
- first release
- BI forums