So, I spent some time to make A2 maps a little bit more playable and here is there result.
- added missing stringtables
- penetration materials - no more bulletproof walls or trees
- added vehicle dust & friction to a2 surfaces - moving vehicels & infantry leave dust and no more driving offroad like on highway
- falling walls
- remove a2 & a2co from mods menu
- working street lamps
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
- white t34 monument (forget to put folder containg t34 texture - bad tex link after binarization)
- brick walls near monumet falls like trees
Credits & Thanks:
BIS - buildings, etc
reyhard - wall fixes, penetration materials change, dust fix & mod fix
kju. - hints & tips
Alduric - inspiration in file structure
- fixed keys
- fixed missing landcontact thing
- fixed indestructible gates
- removed ponds from pmc (fata should work now)
- added some missing penetration materials (still whola lot to make)
- bystrica white tree bug
- railways & pavements have physx geometry
- fixed powerwires strange collapse
- added penetration materials to few buildings (green bulletproof fence gone)
- removed .dep files
- first release
- BI forums
- ArmA 3 Map Pack - A3MP