Simple Rank Patches is a highly configurable AddOn where it automatically adds rank patches to all infantry's shoulders. It supports separate player and AI support, and it can even get a player's rank data from their squad URL.
5 different sets of rank patches.
Squad URL support. Explained in the included userconfig.
Multiplayer, Dedicated Server, JIP and Single player scenario compatible.
Other mod compatibility as long as the uniform/ unit mod supports the insignia system.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Every setting is explained in the userconfig.
It's obvious that these are not all of the ranks in a real army (US for example since these are their ranks), and because of that there are jumps between our patches and actual US ranks. But these all the ranks that are present in ArmA 3 and Its' unlikely that BIS will add more in the future.
Credits & Thanks:
F2kSel for fixing the original script of Simple Rank Patches. Even though none of his code is left, he helped it start.
Added: British Army set. It's patch id is 6.
Fixed: the .bikey wasn't in the 1.4.1 release.
Fixed: Missing Armaholic lieutenant rank texture.
Fixed: Missing Steam lieutenant rank texture.
Added: DLC icons for virtual arsenal.
Tweaked: Config changes.
4 new sets of patches.
Now supports campaign save/load.
userconfig to make configuration easier.
There are 2 big changes that are explained in the Usage section:
-Custom Patches feature. Users can use their own set of rank patches now.
-Squad XML feature. Ranks of players can be read from their squad XML.
General performance improvement.
Removed something experimental
- Timed checks added to players and AI for guaranteed patch visibility, singleplayer shouldn't have any problems but Domination type of games with high player counted servers might feel a performance drop even from this small AddOn. To get ahead of this, mission makers can disable AI's patches by setting the variable "disableSimpleRPAI" to true in initialization, which will make it player only and performance friendly.
- Added "initialization indication", or in English as: Chat message if the addon is loaded or not.
- Hopefully dynamically spawned AI in missions or campaigns will have patches more often.
- Re-branding of the AddOn.
- Even lower size, less code and better rank images.
- BI Forums release
- Fixed server key
-Indep camouflage changed with a slightly different one.
-Other small technical stuff.
- Instead of Blufor it works for all factions now.
- Changed the default camouflage, added separate ones for all factions.
- Changes in the config to fully use CBA.
- Fixed a bug that effected performance when too many playable units are present.
- Changes in the infrastructure.
- Added a simple expansions menu picture and a link to this page.
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.