Drongo's Command Enhancement
Check out my Workshop for my other mods (advanced air support and airspace control, cruise missiles, Active Protection Systems and more)
DCE gives you quick, powerful and intuitive control over your squad and AI groups. Turn Arma 3 into a hybrid FPS/RTT experience. Issue commands, receive contact reports, seize objectives and call in reinforcements.
How to change your DCE key
To bring up the menu, hit your DCE key (Left Windows by default, can be changed under Options>Controls>Configure Addons). Most of the buttons and functions are self-explanatory or can be learned by playing around in the editor for a few minutes.
This is primarily for quick, one-click orders when you are a squad leader. There also extra commands such as garrisoning rooftops, deploying statics, switching to any group member and other options.
A command engine that allows a commander to give a variety of orders to any group on his side. Click the help button for more information. Requires a radio to access. To give move orders, select a group from the menu. Then shift click on the map to set a waypoint. High Command orders also work.
The squad menu features function keys F1 to F8. By default, these do nothing. However, a mission or addon maker can access them. Note that the F1 to F6 buttons on the tablet model may also be bound.
The command menu features an "Attach" option. Clicking this will give a menu allowing attaching elements between groups. Select a group from the left-hand list (group A), then select a target group from the right-hand list (group B).
Reinforcements is implemented at the addon level with default army lists for the 3 main vanilla factions. Custom lists can be made for any mod. The spawn markers need to be placed by the mission editor (see the template mission above).
Scripted objectives and endgame are enabled. These are designed for use with the reinforcements module.
To install Drongo's Command Enhancement you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Drongo's Command Enhancement please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.
Not a bug, but a limitation: Only a single group at a time can be given dialog orders (in HC you can select multiple groups and give orders).
Most of my mods and missions are released on my Patreon page. You don't need to be a Patreon to download them: https://www.patreon.com/DrongoMods
Check my YouTube channel for trailers, WIP etc:
I am not on the BIS forums. I can be emailed at .
You can help me
I put a lot of time and effort into my mods. I support single, coop and MP players with unique mods and new features. Please show your support, subscribe, follow and rate my mods. Please promote my work on social media and forums. If you have cash to spare, please consider chipping in to my Patreon.
Credits & Thanks:
Thank you very much to SaMara and Tonic-_- for allowing me to use their dialog code in earlier releases.
Drongo: Concept and coding.
Chops: Testing and input.
James: Good advice, media stuff.
RootLocus: Testing DT for OFP.
Sanctuary: Help with DT for OFP.
Macser: Help with DT for OFP.
Vektorboson: Help with DT for OFP.
Grumpy Old Man: For letting me use his code for spotting and reporting units.
Kenoxite: Icons idea, some icons.
X39: Telling me how to make the UI scale properly.
A huge thanks to my Patrons and supporters.
License (apparently the first license in OFP/Arma history!)
The rights of any 3rd party scripts used in this work belong with the owner. I do not and have never claimed ownership over the work of other people. All 3rd party scripts are used in good faith.
You must receive my permission to use any of the scripts, configs, concepts or designs of this addon in the development of other projects.
You may not distribute altered versions of this addon.
You may not use this addon or any derivatives thereof in any way for monetary gain.
You may not use this addon or any derivatives thereof as part of any submission to any contest of any kind.
You may not port this addon to any other game (it may ONLY be used with Arma 3).
You may not use this addon with VBS, VBS2, VBS3 or any similar product.
You may not re-upload to Steam.
You may not use this addon in any way if you are R0adki11.
You may not use this addon in any way if you are BohemiaBeck.
If you need an exception, feel free to contact me.
(09-01-2021 - updated as it happens, displayed in news once every month)
Fixed a script error with fast rope.
Added: Support for Duda's Advanced Rappelling (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=713709341)
Added: Option to manually exclude groups from the command menu (tablet buttons F5 and F6)
Added: Group resupply (dismounts will search bodies and crates or supply vehicles, vehicles will look for repair/refuel/rearm vehicles)
Added: Clicking on a squad member now shows how many magazines he has
Changed: Landing now asks for an LZ (map-click) and uses BIS_fnc_wpLand
Changed: Add waypoint icon
Fixed: Command dialog unit duplication bug
Changed: Landing command is now more forgiving
Added: dceAvailable to limit access to the entire system
Re-added: dceCommandEnabled to limit access to command
Changed: General cleanup of the squad menu
Changed: General cleanup of the command menu
Changed: Completely rewrote the static pack/unpack scripts
Removed: Several redundant functions from the squad menu
Moved: Dynamic Simulation, Fix Animations, Flip Vehicle, Unstuck and Interact Mode switched to the Fnc keys at the bottom of the tablet
Moved: Teleport and Comms check moved to the F1/F2 keys along the bottom of the tablet
Fixed: Other general bugfixes
Cruise missile were showing up in command dialogs and also being evacced if DAO was present. Here are the fixed files.
Added: Drongo's Missile System icon to Squad menu (not enough space on the command menu)
Fixed: Drone anti-flee script disabling all drone AI-crewed systems
Fixed: Sometimes it was possible to switch to dead units
Fixed: Facing wasn't working in the Command Dialog
Fixed: Bug with individual unit markers in Command
Changed: Force vehicle facing code
Removed: Force vehicle facing button
Fixed the missing arty dialog
Fixed a problem with the previous attempt to fix a problem (every single group was going into careless)
Further attempts to stop the "fleeing drone" problem
Added DCE\Scripts\Core\KeyPressed.sqf (allows entering vehicles and switching to driver/gunner with R_SHIFT)
I don't know
Improved garrison (can now select any nearby house)
Light artillery system in case the user does not have Drongo's artillery installed
Dialog now displays properly on all UI sizes (thanks X39)
Waypoint system updated and now has black lines from the group to each waypoint (like vanilla High Command)
Reinforcements system integrated at the addon level (can still customize with scripting)
Can now see individual markers for each man and vehicles in the selected group in Command
New markers for marking the individual men/vehicles in a squad
Can turn off reports of civilians
Improved "taking fire" markers
General tidy up, optimization and modernizing of code
A few years worth of stuff. Most notably:
Added using the vanilla BIS tablet as the background
Added icons for nearly all buttons instead of text
Big overhaul of dialog code
Added doubleclicking units in the squad member list to switch to them
Added doubleclicking groups in the group list to switch to the leader
Added icon for Drongo's Reinforcements
Added garrison roof command
Too much other stuff to mention
Command and Attach are now enabled by default
Added a definable Interact key
Added a definable Special key
Added Take Lead button (the player will become squad leader)
Added Marker and High Command buttons to the Squad menu
Added View Distance management buttons to the Squad menu
Added a Deploy Crew Served Weapon (DEP CSW) button to the Command menu (only works with vanilla assets)
Added a Teleport button to the Command menu to unfuck AI driving mishaps
Added a Force Markers button to the Command menu to try to unfuck my scripting (doesn't work very well)
Other minor stuff
- Removed outdated "server loop" code for mounting and implemented BIS_fnc_execVM/BIS_fnc_MP code
- Implemented "On my mark" (fire when I fire) (thanks to D4NI3L3 for the idea)
- Implemented "Copy my stance" (thanks to D4NI3L3 for the idea)
- Fixed the broken "Pop smoke" command
- Updated detection of the new version of Drongo's Artillery
- Fixed: Development script mode was left on in the addon version
- Changed the Squad Menu "Command" button to a commander's hat
- Added a Garrison area command
- Added a Garrison closest building command
- Added more detail to spotting reports
- Added a global variable to control the level of the detailed report (dceSpottingThreshold)
- Added buttons to increase/decrease and reset view distance
- Added an "Attach" option to the command menu
- Fixed group registration so that newly formed groups are properly registered into BIS High Command
- Overhauled the "Target" command
- Added a "Garrison" command (put your crosshair on the desired structure then click the icon)
- Added user-configurable function keys F1 - F4 (see readme)
- Removed use of userconfig to set key, now uses the CBA system (this may have been implemented in an earlier release)
- Replaced all squad menu text with icons
- Added shortcuts for Drongo's Artillery and Drongo's Air Support to the squad menu
- Removed some extraneous quick-action buttons (Aware, Hide, Take Cover)
- Added a suppress button (uses the suppress scripting command)
- Added a target button (not working well yet. Place your crosshair on the target, access the menu and click the button)
- Fixed a bug with the Heal Other command
- Added the ability to exclude groups from command (using an array dceExcludedGroups). Note that HC will still show the unit's marker
- Removed obsolete scripts DCE\Scripts\Command\CommsClient.sqf and \CommsPlayMessage.sqf
- Fixed a bug that prevented the behaviour and formation of a group displaying in the command menu
- Unexciting overhaul of group display and selection in the command dialog
- Went through all of the core scripts to try to fix undefined variables and other misc bugs
- Various small tweaks and bugfixes
- Added air units to spottable enemy units in DCE\Scripts\Command\Reporting\Spot.sqf
- Fixed a bug that disallowed changing dceKey preference
- Removed the reference to obsolete script DCE\Scripts\Command\Waypoints\MapClickEditPos.sqf
- first release
- Community Base Addons A3
- BI forums