A-164 Wipeout HUD Mod
Continuing with my strive to upgrade vanilla content here's a Wipeout HUD Mod.
What it does?
It changes the absolutely useless and cluttery HUD from the Vanilla Wipeout to a more easy-to-read HUD,
removing all those hideous bars and tapes. I based it off the DCS: A-10c HUD.
HUD includes everything noted on reference guide.
I also changed the field of view of the pilot so instruments are more readable.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Credits & Thanks:
161st V-SOAR community.
Neptune (for the TOF idea).
License / Disclaimer:
You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only.
You may not use this add-on (nor any of its parts) in any other add-on or mod (not even partially) nor redistribute or
mirror it without geraldbolso1899's prior permission and agreement.
- Revised Modularity for the GAU-8 (for 3rd party addons).
- Changed the Attitude indicator for the A-164.
- Other stuff.
- Removed tracers from gau-8.
- Added "SAFE" mode for both Wipeout and Neophron (thanks to John_Spartan)
- Changed some stuff in the HUDs.
- Added ILS on Neoprhon.
- Modified configs so that the weapon changes are modular (you can remove them).
- Fixed TrackIr issues.
- Added Neophron HMD.
- Added Multiple Countermeasure release programs, carefully explained in the reference manual.
- Added Flare Mode and Flare counter display.
- Fixed Gun cross.
- Edited small stuff for the HMD and the HUD not to overlap as much in the centerline.
- Fixed head movement for TrackIR.
- Removed vanilla crosshairs.
- Customized Crosshairs for each type of weapon.
- Added Helmet Mounted Display.
- Added optional version with Nautical units (read reference guide for more intel)
- Added a Bazzilion of other stuff, I'll leave it for the user to find out
- Re-signed the pbo's.
- first release
- BI forums