Requirements: Community Base addons A3
Short description: This addon adds a Kestrel 4500 to the game.
Date: 2015-04-09 12:30
This addon adds a Kestrel 4500 to the game. Once finished it will be one of the tools needed for this project: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181324-Advanced-Ballistics-(WIP)
* Wind Speed
* Barometric Pressure
* User screen 1
* User screen 2
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
- Press Scroll lock on your keyboard to open it for user input
- Press SHIFT+Scroll lock on your keyboard to display it without user input
- You can change the default key combinations in the controls menu (Configure->Controls->Configure Addons->Addon: Kestrel4500)
- Click on the arrow up/down buttons to navigate through the main menus
- Click on the arrow left/right buttons to access the sub menus
For wind measurements:
- When you are on the crosswind / headwind main menu page, click the middle button to set your reference heading
- Make sure to turn into the wind for wind speed measurements
Example Mission: 360_Degree_Training_Course.Stratis
- CBA Keybinds compatibility update
- The Kestrel4500 item is now only added to the NATO support box if the optional PBO is used
- Fixed a bug that potentially prevented it to work properly without AdvancedBallistics
- Compatibility update for AdvancedBallistics v2.8
- Added 5 Kestrel4500 units to the NATO support box (Box_NATO_Support_F)
- Compatibility update for AdvancedBallistics v1.3
- Added support for the new humidity simulation introduced with AdvancedBallistics v1.1
- You can no longer access the device without having the corresponding item (class name: "Kestrel4500") in your uniform or vest
- Lea Addon file included
- The Kestrel 4500 display will now stay open as long as you hold down the key combination (SHIFT+Scroll Lock), or 10 seconds if you release earlier
-Fixed wind readings being incorrect for AdvancedBallistics users after using team switch in singleplayer (this fix requires AdvancedBallistics v0.8)
- Added two main menu screen pages (User screen 1 and User screen 2)
- Added (Min Avg Max) sub menus. You can acces them by clicking the on screen left- and right buttons
- Added average/stop/clear mechanic to the wind speed-, crosswind- and headwind sub menus.
- Added a new "display only" mode. Press SHIFT+Scroll Lock if you want to view the Kestrel without user input.
- When used together with AdvancedBallistics: Wind reading is now also affected by the effect obstacles and terrain have on the wind
- Added support for the new wind system introduced with AdvancedBallistics v0.6
- Humidity now displayed in % as a value between 0 and 100
- userconfig\kestrel4500\kestrel4500_config.hpp no longer needed
- Now using CBA_fnc_registerKeybind
- Fixed headwind/crosswind calculation
- Added userconfig/hpp
- Fixed a rounding error in wind speed calculation
- Fixed the direction page
- Initial release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3
- Advanced Ballistics