Air Force Special Operations Command Units
This contains different Air Force Special Operations Command Units.
- Combat Controller (CCT)
- Combat Rescue Officer (CRO)
- Pararescue (PJ)
- Special Tactics Officer (STO)
- Special Operations Weather Technician (SOWT)
- Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC)
- OCP, DCU, ACU and M81 Woodland Camo
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
There are two version of this unit modification (USAF_AFSOC) and (USAF_AFSOC_ALT)
You can not run both at the same time, move the one your not using into the opt folder.
- USAF_AFSOC.pbo is a vanilla version and requires no additional addons
- USAF_AFSOC_ALT.pbo requires Taskforce Radio and USAF_TFAR_COMMS.
More information how to use these units can be found in the included readme.
Known issues / To do:
TODO: No nvg model optics defined yet resulting in fullscreen, add custom NVG proxy upon next update.
TODO: NV Sensitivity adjustment
TODO: Add IR STROBE model
TODO: Add COMTAC Headset model
Credits & Thanks:
Fuller, Randomslap, and Deskit - USAF Mod Team
Armapirx - Original Multicam Textures
Raspu & Gandi - C-L-F Mods - Additional backpacks/radios for TFAR
Saul & Topas - PSD Character Templates
[TF]Nkey - Task Force Arrowhead Radio
Armaholic.com - For the years of community hosting
Bohemia Interactive - Keeping me entertained since 2001 with OFP and entire Arma Series
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the creation of this modification, without them none of this would be possible.
The community has been the heartbeat of the series since OFP, for members of past and present I personally thank you.
- Added new class ACU (Based of research data when airmen were intergrated into US Special Forces Units in Afghanistan)
- Added ACU Uniform, Helmets, Vests, and Combat Pack
- Added TACP Vests in ACU/M81/OCP/OD/TAN/COYOTE
- Changed Font for Nameplates
- Added PARARESCUE Nametape to PJ
- Rebalanced weight and armor protection values based of real world data
- Updated Readme and PDF with new information
- Intial release
- BI forums