- a whole series of authentic aircraft, with 6 combat role loadouts each, afterburners/thrusters and wheelbrakes, fully functional period carrier
- choppers and planes have shelldrop on all guns - see the brass falling from each door gun, choppers and spotter planes also have smoke, grenades and illumination flares
- authentic choppers, tanks, trucks and jeeps, featuring some incredibly detailed models, effects, textures and sounds that immerse you in the Vietnam conflict.
- 100+ vietnam era weapons, some with working bayonets, 12 types of grenade with different realistic characteristics - life-savers in the jungle!
- Tank, aircraft and artillery ammunition of the era: canister, white phosphorus, APERS-T, Shillelagh, AP-T, HE, HEAT, HEO, Napalm, clustermines and clusterbombs
- All kinds of nefarious punji traps, tripwires, snakes and sharks to harass your patrols.
- Factions include VC, NVA, CIDG, Marine Force Recon, Special Forces Groups, US Infantry and Marines, Artillery, Aircrew, Patrol Boat Riverine crew, and Long Range Recon Patrols.
- 9 stunning new islands - Phu Bai, Mekong Delta, Lowlands, Southeast Asia, MBG Vietnam, Cao Bang, Plei Trap Valley, Ia Drang Valley and Dong Ha.
- Built-in AI speak, use your ears and walk on patrol - don't run or you may overlook a VC sitting in a tree or spiderhole
- Authentic unit clutter (condoms, magazines, flashlights, smokes, manuals of the era, psy-ops pamphlets, bug-spray etc etc)
- Full 3 dimensional warfare - sniper trees, spider-holes, bunkers and tunnels, traps everywhere! Which way should you look? everywhere!
- A fantastic "no-nightvision" war-game experience with soldiers resorting to old school night tactics: flashlights, illumination rounds, flares, trip flares, roving searchlights, vehicle lights and (not to be underestimated) moonlight...
- Unique to Arma 2 - close quarters combat with screw-on silencers, knives, bayonets and rifle butts... sneak up on the enemy and take him out the old fashioned way...
- A huge array of boats to do battle in the many river networks provided
Note on running unsung evolution well:
If you don't own Arma 2 or A2 operation arrowhead Buy Arma2 complete edition (50% off this weekend to coincide with our release!) - this comes with all 3 DLC's and is a bargain... as well as a hassle free install.
For people with disc versions of the game - we would suggest you upgrade to 1.63 (all our public servers run it, as it harmonises well to CBA, which is a requirement) - see my FAQ on this here, which also explains how to get mods running in the game, and explains about the order of installing etc to make it all run smoothly
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder.
Setting up a text file to run the mods in steam:
Works every time! Guaranteed.
Now to run your mods use this process:
A) make a new folder in your arma2 install drive called @modfiles\ this is where you will store your mod command lines (I use D drive but set yours accordingly)
B) make a new text file in your @modfiles\ folder called uns.txt
C) put this line in it and save it (change the A2 path to yours)
FOR ACR DLC OWNERS (change the path TWICE below for your arma2 and OA folders)
-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ACR;@CBA_CO;@UNS
FOR ACR LITE USERS
D) in Steam Library, right click on Operation Arrowhead and click Properties then select Set Launch Options and enter this line:
-worldempty -nosplash -nologs -par=D:\@modfiles\uns.txt
-nologs is VITAL for good FPS
Read the Manual
Keep viewdistance under 1000m in jungle fighting for high FPS
in Evo use T menu options to alter Air and Land viewdistances
T menu turns grass off also if you're struggling
To turn grass back on, T/ options/ bottom slider >2 / click another menu like Transfer / click close
optimised since release of mod, to prevent mission seizing up halfway through (due to excessive trap laying by the VC)
- BI forums
- Arma 2
- ACR (Lite)
- The Unsung Vietnam War Mod
- Community Base Addons