Mission Template Stand Alone GAIAby
With this template you can speedup your mission making and add intelligence to the AI without scripting one word.
What you get without one word of scripting:
- Automated patrols of any kind. Air patrols, footpatrols, vehicle patrols, boat patrols.
- Automated fortifications
- Working mortars, artillery, transportation system. Basicly any type of unit is recognized by GAIA and you dont need to do one thing.
- Smart AI system that will coordinate the attacks and adjust to what ever the player is doing.
- Integrated caching system.
- Integrated respawn system (so you can create endless battles)
- A shitload more
- All of the above by simple adding a line in the init of a group without having to understand anything.
GAIA is the AI system that is used in the mod MCC. With this you can add GAIA AI system to your missions without MCC addon.
This tempLate serves 2 goals:
- How to use GAIA if you have MCC and want to use the BIS editor. (You dont need this template then, just create a new mission with MCC addon active)
- Run GAIA stand alone and make missions fast. Completely independent of MCC. (you wont benefit automaticly from gaia updates then, MCC owners do)
This is meant for mission editors. I will answer anything gaia related but I will not teach you how to use the bis editor. So basic knowledge of the bis editor is required.
Why stand alone?
I know some wanted it for a longer time. I also wanted a showcase for people that have MCC but want to use it in the bis editor. So now you can learn how to do that. The other is to make people aware of the use of this system so you can be our next big MCC fan!
GAIA stands for Greater Artificial Intelligence.
Goal of GAIA
GAIA can best be seen as a higher level lead organization that is tasked to make all groups work towards (a) common goal(s). GAIA does not improve and tries not to influence the behavior at group level.
So what is it that GAIA wants? The main goal of GAIA is to defend territory. To do that she makes sure that:
- All assets are used intelligently. Know your units, what can they do, what are their weaknesses.
- Responses to threat are in proportion. Do not send more troops then needed, but also make sure it is enough to deal with the opposing threat.
- Understand the priorities. The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority.
Installation / Usage:
Manual: Manual to GAIA-> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56634804/MCC%20GAIA%20V1.0%20Release.pdf
Unzip it to the directory where Arma saves user missions (when you click save in the BIS editor). After that fire up arma WITHOUT MCC!!! and go to the BIS Editor and load the mission. The Mission contains multiple examples of how to use GAIA, to see all that text in the editor click on the marker symbol (as if you want to make marker). You will now see all the markers and explanations.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
To show where the units are i made use of show markers. Credits:
AUTHOR : aeroson
NAME : player_markers.sqf
- first release
- BI forums
Tags: No tags