Date: 2015-05-27 19:33
This mods includes some interfaces to build ingame (for example sandbag fences, camonets, etc.), some materials and some modules to configure your mission.
There is the fortification menu which can be opened by pressing ctrl+b (by default).
There is also the construction menu which will be opened by the fortifictaion menu.
Also there are 3 modules: One for allowing curator (Zeus) to edit construced Objects, one to add new blueprint and one to clear all blueprint from the construcion menu.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@edn_fortification
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
When opening the fortifcation menu by perssing ctrl+b (by default) you will be able to choose one of the following options:
1. Open the construction menu and use all the ressources from your own inventory.
2. Open the construction menu and use all the ressources from the crate/vehicle you are looking at.
3. Take the you are looking at object and move it around. (only possible for objects with blueprint)
4. Remove the object you are currently looking at and place all ressources on the ground. (Be carefull: When you have multiple blueprints for one object the materials from the first one will be used)
5. Align the Object you are carring to the horizon/ground.
6. Exit the fortification menu.
Here you are able to choose the blueprint you want to build from.
At the left side you will find the list of all categories and all blueprints. When choosing any blueprint you can see the preview in the middle of the screen. Also you can find the needed ressources in the bottom right corner.
carring an object:
You can use the keys I and K to move the object towards and away from you.
You can also use J and L to turn the object.
The high will be controlled by looking up and down.
Use the align option from the Fortification menu to align the object to the ground or horizon.
Some interesting variables are:
edn_fortification_array - holds all blueprints (client side, can be different for each client)
edn_fortification_zeus_array - holds all game master objects (server side)
Read the forum topic for more inforamtions.
- added clear blueprints module for editor
- added game master module for editor which allows to edit constructed objects via Zeus
- fixed object does not changing high anymore while looking around
- fixed you can not build from other units inventory anymore
- fixed crates will now be constructed without content
v0.6 complete redesign!
- changed the blueprint list (sorry to the missionmakers)
- changed object carrying
- added no collissions while carring an object (still in progress)
- added new UI
- added blueprint module for editor
- added align to ground option
- added ability to build from chests/vehicles inventory
- added categories for blueprints
- removed need of toolkit
- removed option to use a crate for building
- added option to change the requirement of using an toolkit
- added option to use an crate for building
- added support for custom objects
- added ressource requirement
- added support for select high when placing
- added Construction GUI
- added modify GUI
Credits & Thanks:
- BIS for the game
- to my clan Sol-diers by supporting and testing
- Armaholic forums
- - Community Base addons A3